Coburg Win | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coburg Win

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
Coburg: 4-5, 7-6, 9-8, 10-10-70
Bullants: 0-0, 5-3, 8-6, 9-7-61

Goals:
Pettifer, Schulz, Vardy, Houlihan, 2
Dragicevic, McGrath, 1

Should have won by a lot more.

Rodan, didn't do an awful lot, and wasn't on
the ground for the second half as far as we
could see (what was that about a groin problem?)

Dutchy was good, and should be back for the Brisbane
game for sure.

Hilton looks like he's very unfit, tried at times, but
just didn't seem like he had any get-up-and-go
left. Missed several goals, but they were
from tight angles.

Houlihan was quite good early, but had less of
an impact later on.

Flemming was his usual self, hard, but poor choices
and bad disposal.

King was better than last week.

Vardy was OK, and took some strong grabs.

Bidders was OK, Pettifer I'd leave at Coburg for a
while longer. Doesn't know what the words chase
and contest mean.

Schulz always looks better when he plays forward.

Shir had a few more touches this week.

If the last quarter could be erased it would be good.
Talk about boring.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Great news about Dutchy. It'll be good to have him back next week. Apart from that doesn't sound like too many of the guys under question put their hand up. Hope D-Rod is ok.

How did dragga go, baktiger?

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
baktiger said:
Pettifer I'd leave at Coburg for a
while longer. Doesn't know what the words chase
and contest mean.

Thanks for the report bak. :)

Thats interesting about Kayne. Some people seem to think he should be in the midfield but I'd question whether he had the pace and fitness, let alone the commitment.

We took notice of him in the Carlton game and once on the 50 up the Punt Road end he had to chase and I really don't think he was capable of it. Looked extremely unfit and slow and virtually ran up and down on the spot and was exhausted afterwards.

I'm sounding more like a cracked record here than some other posters, but I can't see Kayne ever being a top level footballer if he doesn't go back to Coburg until he gets his fitness, touch and attitude up to scratch.

It's the attitude that concerns me most. Does he actually have the determination to go back and make it happen. By all reports he hasn't put in a decent
game at Coburg for yonks.

As I heard Dunc say in an interview once on 3LO, Kayne is a player who got things his own way in jumior football but it doesn't work that way at AFL level. He needs to work for it now.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
mightytiges said:
How did dragga go?
Dragga went pretty well I thought, did a few things wrong but did a few good things. Put his body in all the time as well. One time he was running towards the boundary towards where I was sitting and a bullants player gave him a smack round the face as they went over the line. All you heard was his jaw click and him go 'oof'. Landed about a metre away from me and was laying there with his hand on his jaw. I thought oh no he's broken his jaw but he got up and gave the ump a spray seeing he didn't get a free for it. Didn't even recognise him at the start of the game he's go his hair longer it's all curly very cute (sorry had to get that in there ;D)

And Paddy Steinfort (well I think it was him) at one stage went off at the ump and from the other end of the ground all you hear is "oh *smile* off" cracked me up.

At one stage Frawley was standing next to us he said g'day to us and watched the game... when his little girl wasn't distracting him at one stage you hear her say to him Dad lets go get a coffee. Obvioulsy the footy didn't interest her.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Agree with you rosy totally. I've seen alot of Pettifer and I have pretty much conceded that he will not be an AFL player. No commitment, poor attitude and most of all no talent.

Wasn't Rodan under an injury cloud before the game? Why was he off in the second half - did he get injured?

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
TigersGoddess said:
Didn't even recognise him at the start of the game he's go his hair longer it's all curly very cute (sorry had to get that in there ;D)

Isn't Dragga having a hair comp with Otto?? The first to get thier hair cut owes the other $200.

Did Justin Blumfield end up playing, i heard there was a ? mark over his head --> ???

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
TigersGoddess said:
mightytiges said:
How did dragga go?
Dragga went pretty well I thought, did a few things wrong but did a few good things. Put his body in all the time as well.

Yep, at least he was getting the ball or having a go
at getting it - just he offloaded it to an opposition
player a couple of times. Along with his game last
week, all in all, going in the right direction improvment
wise.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
rosy3 said:
Thats interesting about Kayne. Some people seem to think he should be in the midfield but I'd question whether he had the pace and fitness, let alone the commitment.

We watched him start a few chases, but as soon as it
looked even a tiny bit like his opposition was going to
get away, he'd look like he'd just give up. A couple
I reckon if he had of stuck with it, he might (just) have
grabbed him, but I not sure if Kayne knows what a
tackle is yet :)

Leaving the above the shoulders side of it along...
it probably is fitness related. Last year, he did play
a bit in Coburg's midfield (and up forward of course)
and he was much better back then. Never really quick
but not as bad as it looks now.

wagstaff

Tiger Cub
Mar 10, 2003
Melbourne
They interviewed a few of the Coburg players after the game on 3AW today - Draga and Holland.

Holland said he was happy with the way he played and mentioned that what the coaching staff wanted out of him was to play 8 consecutive quarters. By the sound of it if he isn't in the side next week, he should be in it the next week

It was mentioned with Draga that he got 27 possessions today, talked about how Martin McGrath almost took mark of the century (said he touched the clouds with his leap). From what he said, senior football seemed a long way off.

B

brownlow2003

Good Stuff B 8)
How Was Leigh Carslon's game this week

Post no. 100 LOL

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
From www.footballvic.com.au

Coburg Tigers - Goals: Houlihan 2, Pettifer 2, *smile* 2, Vardy 2, Dragisevic, McGrath.

Best: Hyde, Holland, Houlihan, Dragisevic, Steinfort, De Pasquale,Fleming.

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
brownlow2003 said:
How Was Leigh Carslon's game this week

It was a bit hard to tell from the other end... but the
young bloke reckons he took a great mark at one stage.
(So did Marty - twice but the umps declined to pay
them ;) )
Talbot and Carlson didn't 'feature' as much
as usual, but DePasquale stood out.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Hope you don't mind baktiger but I put this up on the bigfooty site (with your name of course) as they were looking for a report on the richmond boys. Yours is better than anything I'd come up with.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha you should have included a link TG, then certain people might have seen that it's worth wading through the posts on this site to see how genuine most contributors are and the wealth of infomation they are happy to share. ;)

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
TigersGoddess said:
Hope you don't mind baktiger ...

No problems, but you have to remember that I can only
give about half the story :) For historical reasons, we
prop at the Coburg goals and change ends each
quarter, so we more or less get a one sided view of
things...
(That's why I can't speak much on the defenders,
I can't see them in enough detail - except when
something flashy happens).

Then again, one can only report ones impressions
of a game, and others will see things differently.

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
I know that this is late - first time on the net this weekend.

Went to the burgers game and must say once again baktiger you are spot on. Whilst you followed the forward line, I sat on the less spectator wing like a 'scotty'.

Dud game, but two big plusses.

Dutchy, was v.g and should play ones.

Dragga, too did a lot of hard things and got plenty of the ball in the heat (unlike others players at tiger land). Dragga's form would show he is playing much better football, than Hotel, Flemming, King, bidders, and many others.

(A month a go, I wrote Dragga off. Hope I'm wrong :))

MAYBE time to give him a go in the ones. It just may show others what hard work achieves.

Damn, Hotel was dissapointing.

From a Coburg point - Depaq and Stienfort were best - sepecially when the game was up for grabs in the last quater. You can throw Dragga in that mix as well.

;)

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
What would you do?

During the half time break yesterday, me and son
out on the ground kicking the footy around, and this
bloody Collingwood supporter walks past dragging a
dog ( the four legged variety). After this, the son says
"don't kick it over there - there's dog turds on the
ground over there". Collingwood supporter is long gone.
Should I have notified the umpires? It was only a little
dog - they were only little turds. It would have been
against the Moreland Council by laws for sure.