Collingwood, Geelong, North | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Collingwood, Geelong, North

ToraToraTora

Two outta three ain't bad.
Mar 21, 2005
QLD
I'd love to make the finals. Sheesh, I wouldn't even mind a flag! But if we don't beat these hacks in 2015 I'll fair dinkum spew up!

Berwick boy

Tiger Superstar
Apr 27, 2004
Get ready triple T Wallace..we are their bunnies and until we prove otherwise that gag at the back of the throat might get a go.

St Kevin

Tiger Legend
Apr 1, 2014
If we can't beat Collingwood this year, when will we ever beat 'em? Must be near 13 years since we last did.

TigerFlag2017

Tiger Legend
May 16, 2007
St Kevin said:
If we can't beat Collingwood this year, when will we ever beat 'em? Must be near 13 years since we last did.
Back when Nathan Brown was running rampant?

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
St Kevin said:

R19 - 2007 is the last time we beat them. Strange thing is that we lost to them in the last 7 seasons (2008 - 2014) but only played them once.

If we played them in a return game late last season, we definitely would've won.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
The games against North and Geelong in 2014 showed we can beat both of them to me.

The time has come to smash these hoodoos. To me it is more about the mind than ability with all 3.

Beat one and the belief will grow.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
TigerForce said:
R19 - 2007 is the last time we beat them. Strange thing is that we lost to them in the last 7 seasons (2008 - 2014) but only played them once.

If we played them in a return game late last season, we definitely would've won.
If I remember it right that game against Collingwood was a wonderful night. Collingwood were so confident that they were going to win. I think we buggered up their chances of top 4 by beating them. Richo damn near took mark of the year, Lids kicked 5 and so did Polak.
I don't rate North up there with the Pies and the Cats, though. The hoodoo is nowhere near as long or as strong as it is with the other two. I think we beat them in about 2011, it was at Etihad and the game was on Easter Sunday, their home game. They rolled us in the return game, which was the final game of the season, Nahas kicked 4 or 5, but still couldn't get us over the line. Playing North is a little like Australia playing NZ at cricket, for some reason they grow another leg when they play us.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Tigers of Old said:
We'll know we've made it when other clubs are talking of breaking their hoodoos against us.
St Kilda haven't beaten us since 2010 which was part of a 13 game streak. We have smashed that hoodoo ;D

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
We will be hunted again and need to go that extra level to get over the line.
Why do staff shoot the coup when we get into a position of having a crack at a flag?

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
CarnTheTiges said:
I don't rate North up there with the Pies and the Cats, though.

in what context? in terms of hatred? or in terms of talent? coz i'd say norf will be the hardest of the 3 to beat this year. we should account for collingwood and geelong, but norf will be 50-50. but geez its annoying we're playing them in tassie.

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria
Ian4 said:
in what context? in terms of hatred? or in terms of talent? coz i'd say norf will be the hardest of the 3 to beat this year. we should account for collingwood and geelong, but norf will be 50-50. but geez its annoying we're playing them in tassie.
In terms of hoodoo. The Pies and the Cats have had the wood on us since 2007 and 2006, with North it's nowhere near that long. But for the second half fadeout, which had reached endemic proportions when we played North last year, we were all over them.