Congrats Pettifer - Rogers!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Congrats Pettifer - Rogers!!!

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
I just want to take this opportunity to compliment and thank 'pin pulled out Rogers' and 'Captain Petrified' on a stellar performance once again.

Turn overs, dropped marks when it counts ............... onya guys, well done. You'll have no problems keeping your place in the side, as long as you keep doing what you do best!!!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
LMAOO T-goddess!

Harry,

Think of typical games by both and you have your answer.

Pettifer - Whinged and sooked and basically did nothing.

Rogers - Got a fair bit of the ball, handballed it to the opposition about 3 or 4 times, a few good kicks and a few nasty ones.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Did the wack to the head Rogers got show up on the TV ???

What more can one say about KP - I think TG has summed it up

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I can't believe I'm going to say this.
I feel sorry for Kayne.
It seems to be flavour of the month to bag him.
It's no secret that right from the start I never thought he'd make it as a player.
While everyone argued about his wonderful skills etc, I grimaced. Skills aren't worth nothing to me if you don't have the heart to use them.
I had bets with DF and Warpig very early on about Kayne making it, they thought I was just a Kayne basher, ha. ;D
When Kayne was getting automatic selection last year I posted thinking he needed a run at Coburg. Noone agreed.
Now most people seem to think he's a bit of a waste of space and I feel for him.
His sulky attitude, his art of avoiding a contest and his staging for frees annoy me no end, but I really think the club are a tad negligent playing Kayne so much when he's so far out of his depth.
Stop trying to save face over the wasted draft pick by building his game tally up.
For the kids sake get him out of the team.
Maybe if he has a good couple of months at Coburg he might mature and have some chance of making it in the bigtime.
Kayne portrays an image of having a pretty healthy ego etc, but deep inside his confidence must be shattered.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha TG.......Noone is more shocked than me that I wrote that.
How the tables turn, ha. :rollin

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
What's up Rosy? You finally convince me that Kayne is bag-worthy and now you do an about face on the matter! Some consistency please! ;D

I'm sure Kayne has something to offer... i just can't think of what it is. I dont know what has happened but he seemed to have some potential when he first appeared on the stage. But he hasn't developed as a player at all last year and this year and it looks like he might have done his dash... I think a spell at coburg would be what the doctor ordered. Time to get some confidence back.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Is there something of a pattern emerging here?

Kayne has been given more than a fair go, in anybody's eyes. Why do we persist with players who look to show no glimpses of changing their attitude or what they bring to the team?

People say Joel Bowden should have been dropped throughout last season, but he wasn't. He continues to receive more than his fair share of criticism. It is not Kayne or Joel's fault that they are not dropped. Even though we've had a bad run with injuries and our depth has been tested the last two seasons, I don't understand the logic in not dropping players for bad form. Perhaps Danny's just showing faith in them. Just the same, I don't see the long-term benefit in playing them.

IMHO, Joel has gone backwards the last two seasons. Two years ago he was considered leadership material. Today, his influence on a game is non-existent. Playing Joel, come hell or high water, I believe is contributing to the stagnation in his career. He is employed by and paid by the Richmond Football Club, but he plays for Joel Bowden. I don't know what his problem is, if any, but he plays the game with so little passion and spirit that I question whether he actually enjoys being out there.

The only real emotion I can remember seeing on Joel's face, in recent times, was when he kicked that goal against St. Kilda. I don't know about others, but I just couldn't get excited about that goal, no matter how hard I have tried. I acknowledged the goal, because it was a Richmond goal and even though I know it displayed class, skill and talent, I just couldn't help but feel how selfish that goal was. And that just about sums up how I think Joel has been playing his football. He has all the talent, skill, ability in the world and a football brain, but he might as well have none of those things, because he rarely uses them.

The stage was set, on Saturday night, for Joel to be a leader. Instead, we saw more leadership shown by the young brigade than he has possibly shown in his career. That is a sad reflection not only on Joel, but Richmond. There is no incentive for Joel to want to change. He gets a game regardless of his efforts. And the frustrating part is that the Club is helping him to be the way he is. We seem to have been able to change the mindset of some players, but not Joel.

Will someone please open Joel's eyes to reality and get him out of the cocoon he seems to be living in. He doesn't deserve what he has been copping the past two years, because he can't take the blame for all of what continues to happen.

Are we doing the same with other players?

P

Parker

Well said MC24 , i think the same also applies to Fiora.

Needs to be made to earn his spot , last year mid season he was dropped for a few games and came back and played some good footy.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
MC24 - very well said.

At the end of the day it is up to the coach to pick the starting 22. I don't want to be consistently bagging Frawely, but if he picks these players that continually underperform then who is to blame?

Now that we have lost the axe is gonna swing - due to injuries and poor form changes are gonna be made. My question is why aren't changes made when we win, even when we have players still not performing. This policy of "not changing a winning team" gives those underperformers the idea that they did enough and will be picked next week - leaving it up to campbell and coughlan again.