My review of the Tiger 22 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

My review of the Tiger 22

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
IMO Port played poorly....we played worse. Our poor disposals killed us!

Pettifer reminds me of a texta that's run out of ink,
Can't mark a thing!

Flemming ran all night like a hungry cattle dog! good effort

Hilton should be playing for Manchester United......Under 14's. Does he realise that you are alowed to actually pick up the ball to kick it! I've seen him play better games.

Campbell looked like he was set for a big game till he got injured.

Rogers..... Sorry Matty, Can't defend you anymore! Absolute shocker. Quite a few touches but a lot of his disposals ended in turnovers.
YES HARRY I KNOW...You told me so!

Stafford had a great game! One of the very few shining lights on the night.

Coughlan had a good game and the most touches for the tigers. Tooks some pretty good marks also.

Fiora showed improvment from previous games but still looks a little timid.

Cameron tried hard but had very few options to deliver to in our forward line which made him a little indecisive at times.

Newman had a pretty good game. Plenty of touches but a couple of disposals went astray. Chalk it up to experience!

Krakouer did well with limited opportunities. Could have kicked a little more accurately.

Bowden got plenty of touches but made some really fundamental errors. Was hoping he was going to lead from the front when Campbo went off but it I think he was actually trying too hard.

Johnson had a very quiet night for his standards. Looked a little lost when Campbo went off. Kane Cornes did a pretty good job on him though.

Zantuck for most of the night looked like a guy chasing after the bus because he slept in!

Gaspar Played pretty well and stuck to Tredrea all night.

Ray Hall needs to go back to kicking school and get stuck into the "weight gain 5000" formula (Cartman from southpark swears by it!)

Rodan tried hard but didn't quite have the Rodan spark firing on the night

Biddiscombe looked lost out there.

Tivendale was very quiet.

Houlihan looks like He's out for a while.

Kellaway and Chaffey played solidly for most of the night.

We'll have to do much better next week if We're going to beat the Bombers! But I'm sure we will.

Go Tiges!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Fair assessment Tiga. The game was definitely up for grabs (Port were pretty bad themselves) but we jsut had too many passengers. Whilst most of the team fought gamely to keep in touch, they really did look quite out of their depth without Cambo out their marshalling them.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
Adelaide papers over here are claiming Tredrea kileld Gaspar. I havent seen he game yet, will see it on Fox Footy soon and will comment again.

From my mates at the ground. The following.

1. fellow tiger supporter claimed we are stil la top four side and was very proud of the boys.
2. A Port supporter who has always claimed Richmond are *smile* and belong in the bottom 2 before this gaqme, now says Richmond are better than he thought and should make the eight. Doesnt think we ae in Port's class though.

I will see the game and then repost my own sentiments after watching it.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I agree with your friend that we're not far away Shawry.

I think the early loss of Campbo unsettled us.
Good players like Tivva and Johnno normally won't be that down, and we have a few players in our top 6 to come back in. The height that was missing will be very welcome.
There is a lot of improvement from that game.

I disagree about Tredrea. I think he kicked 1.2. That's a pretty low return.
I can't remember the stats when I checked, but I think Tredrea had about 15 and Gas about 8-10. Tredrea had a lot of the ball well away from scoring range. He was ok and probably just got the points, but Gas kept him honest.

Would be interesting to see other peoples thoughts on the Gas/Tredrea contest.

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Rosy, I agree with you. *smile* played pretty well on Tredrea all night. The only time Tredrea got the ball was because of excellent delivery by Ports midfield. Low and in front. Anything above shoulder height Gas was all over him! You could tell Tredrea was getting frustrated at times and even lashed out at Gas on one occasion.

Shaun Burgoyne was the main handfull on the night, and who was on him??? The bus chaser Zantuck!

Maybe we should have given Gaspar a run on Burgoyne and put Zantuck on Tredrea.