Conspiracy theory. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Conspiracy theory.

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines
Do you think the AFL has it in for us because we stuffed up their master plan by smashing GWS in 2019?

Reactions: 6 users

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I think the old guard is just used to us being crap and prefer to see us flailing. Therefore, subconsciously their decisions are biased to keep us down.

• Love
Reactions: 1 users

A Tiger in Denmark
Aug 9, 2003
Denmark
www.dafl.dk
I think the old guard is just used to us being crap and prefer to see us flailing. Therefore, subconsciously their decisions are biased to keep us down.
I concur with this theory.
The vast majority of the current AFL media hounds grew up in an age when we were very ordinary (1983-2012) and prefer to keep it that way.
Doesn't explain why they love the likes of the Bulldogs and Melbourne who were just as ordinary and for longer.
Maybe it's more important to them that Richmond are kept in their box because we are a potential behemoth.
The Bulldogs and Melbourne might win the odd flag but that's about it.

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
I concur with this theory.
The vast majority of the current AFL media hounds grew up in an age when we were very ordinary (1983-2012) and prefer to keep it that way.
Doesn't explain why they love the likes of the Bulldogs and Melbourne who were just as ordinary and for longer.
Maybe it's more important to them that Richmond are kept in their box because we are a potential behemoth.
The Bulldogs and Melbourne might win the odd flag but that's about it.
Potential?

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
They’ve had it in for us since they didn’t let us join the VFL.
Apparently our presentation was *smile*

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
They aren't a threat to the AFL's Inner Sanctum.

With our massive membership base, sustained Richmond success makes us *the* biggest club in the land which potentially, if we had an Eddie type President, we could make life difficult for the AFL.

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Do you think the AFL has it in for us because we stuffed up their master plan by smashing GWS in 2019?
Nah it was because we beat the Crows in 2017 the annointed.

Then we really doubled right down and twisted the knife murdering GWs on Grand Final Day in 2019.

Then we tripled down to knock off the annointed Cats in 2020 with Gazzas final game and really shoved it up Hocking

Nno doubt Dimmas big Woooo!! as he walked past Hocking went down a treat !!

No wonder they hate us. :mhihi

• Love
Reactions: 2 users

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Tall poppy syndrome.

They will never accept that from our working class roots we have survived bankruptcy and a 37 year premiership drought to emerge as the leading club on and off field with a unique style and authenticity.

That we have an outstanding female President, strong visionary Internally-cultivated leaders in our outstanding CEO Benny Gale and the former Godfather(now father-figure) Neil Balme and a no-nonsense coach in the same mould as Hafey, Jewell and Clarkson.

Most in the media are old groupies whose families brainwashed them into thinking it was fashionable to follow the Demons, Blues or Cats. Or the great unwashed inbred Magpies. Finally those Hawthorn fanatics who stood by and allowed an imbecile like Kennett to ruin their club just like he completely ruined true Victorian values.

Reactions: 3 users

The Big Richo

Tiger Champion
Aug 19, 2010
The home of Dusty
I don't think the AFL has it in for us at all, in fact I think they would love us being successful.

Gil McLachlan openly hoped for us to win after the Bulldogs in 2016 and he gave his tickets to 2017 to a Tigers fan.

Coburgtiger

Tiger Legend
May 7, 2012
I don't think the AFL has it in for us at all, in fact I think they would love us being successful.

Gil McLachlan openly hoped for us to win after the Bulldogs in 2016 and he gave his tickets to 2017 to a Tigers fan.

But since then, we have been disruptive.

Brendan and Peggy do not sing from the AFL hymn book, and, through success and integrity, have developed the clout and respect to push back.

Back then, we were a cute story, to be patronised. Then we became a disruptor. We won the wrong way, and too often. We held back the love child. We were precocious, and then dominant. We ruined the first interstate grand final. We challenged the fixturing. We badmouthed their stadium. We defied equalisation.

He may have wanted us to fill their pockets for a season. But he oversaw a radical change to the fabric of the sport, specifically designed to hobble us.

It is us against the world.

Last edited:

Tony Braxton-Hicks

There are no stupid ideas, just stupid people
Aug 10, 2004
The Playboy Mansion

Yet they seem to be going to extreme lengths to find a credible alternative to Benny as CEO. Josh Frankenfurt?

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The AFL was happy for us to win in 2017 but everything in the AFL's prospectus is skewed towards spreading out success as evenly as possible.
The 2019 flag was not in their playbook. Gil needed his baby to be successful to justify the enormous expenditure. It was then that the tide turned against us.
By 2020 they were doing everything they could to stop us.

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Yet they seem to be going to extreme lengths to find a credible alternative to Benny as CEO. Josh Frankenfurt?
What a disaster, the AFL will be bankrupt in no time, and if you thought the AFL is corrupt now under the Dill and previous Demitripoo, wait till Fraudenburg get the reins.

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005

Latest twitter whisperings is that Josh seeded that story to the media himself and the AFL were surprised to hear he had been approached. Goyder strangely embarrassed by the media "leak".

Bourke30JC33

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 15, 2021
RFC - Back to Back Dynasties
No way.
Crowds have plummeted since Melbourne achieved success.
The AFL wants large attendances, high ratings.
Richmond provides that.
In terms of fixture, we get the Geelong game at home.

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
No way.
Crowds have plummeted since Melbourne achieved success.
The AFL wants large attendances, high ratings.
Richmond provides that.
In terms of fixture, we get the Geelong game at home.

I thought that because a big chunk of Kardinia Park is under reconstruction?