Controversial Opinions Thread | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Controversial Opinions Thread

Ian4

BIN MAN!
May 6, 2004
Melbourne
state your controversial opinions here... I'll start.

with the grand final entertainment announcement today that Barnesy is playing... khe sanh is not a rock anthem, but just a garbage bogan song.

Michael

Tiger Champion
Nov 30, 2004
Is a dislike of khe sanh controversial?

Next you'll be bagging 'horses'

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Ian4 said:
state your controversial opinions here... I'll start.

with the grand final entertainment announcement today that Barnesy is playing... khe sanh is not a rock anthem, but just a garbage bogan song.

Get off it Bin. It's about a Vietnam War veteran suffering from depression.

E

easy_tiger

I reckon Kenneth Cook is a better writer than Ernest Hemmingway.

further, I think you should be able to nominate your gonna try hit the post from outside 50m, and get 12 points.

I like this thread, at least until giardia shows up :theyareontome

KnightersRevenge

Baby Knighters is 7!! WTF??
Aug 21, 2007
Ireland
"Waterworld" is alright as a bit of cinema.

"Alien" (not "Aliens") is the best of the franchise.

"Ulysses" is incoherent and unreadable.

Serena is the better looking Williams sister.

Michael Schumacher was a prick (as a driver).

"Violence" has to have a physical component.

The "party system" needs to be abolished , reps must stand as independents and may only form voting blocks once elected.

Just a few to start with.

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Michael said:
Next you'll be bagging 'horses'

This is my most hated song. Absolutely terrible song. They've started playing it at some nightclubs now too, and it ruins my night.

poppa x

Tiger Legend
May 28, 2004
Mt Waverley
Tigertool said:
This is my most hated song. Absolutely terrible song. They've started playing it at some nightclubs now too, and it ruins my night.

Had to laugh when Moonee Valley on Cox Plate Day pulled out his microphone plug as he was literally scaring the horses.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
That's the way it's gonna be, little darlin'
We'll be riding on the horses, yeah
Way up in the sky, little darlin'
And if you fall I'll pick you up, pick you up

Tigertool

Tiger Legend
Mar 10, 2008
Genuine controversial opinion here, and it's probably extremely ignorant, and not well thought out so feel free to correct me.

If homeless people really didn't want to be homeless, they could choose to not be.

Melbourne have an abundance of homeless people, and IMO they are homeless because they don't want to leave the city.

Newstart with rent assistance could give them $595p/f. A liveable unit in Moe (Sorry Moe people) is as cheap as $270p/f.

That could leave $650p/m left over for utitlies. Could assume:
Gas: $100p/m
Electricity $100p/m
Food: $300p/m

Surplus: $150p/m

If they find someone else who will live with them then they could be living semi comfortably.

Not easy, but better than sleeping under a bridge.

Tigerfan

Roar Power
Apr 28, 2004
Gold Coast (SE - QLD).
Brodders17 said:
That's the way it's gonna be, little darlin'
We'll be riding on the horses, yeah
Way up in the sky, little darlin'
And if you fall I'll pick you up, pick you up

The chick in the video was not the singer.
How does the singer feel when when she’s replaced by a model?

It’s just like the weather girls v black box.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tigertool said:
Genuine controversial opinion here, and it's probably extremely ignorant, and not well thought out so feel free to correct me.

If homeless people really didn't want to be homeless, they could choose to not be.

Melbourne have an abundance of homeless people, and IMO they are homeless because they don't want to leave the city.

Newstart with rent assistance could give them $595p/f. A liveable unit in Moe (Sorry Moe people) is as cheap as $270p/f.

Electricity $100p/m

If they find someone else who will live with them then they could be living semi comfortably.

If you move to a place with greater unemployment than where you already live you lose the dole for 12 weeks (as I understand it).

As for the rest... there are so many reasons why people are homeless, it is way too simple just to say "..choose not to be homeless"

jb03

Tiger Legend
Jan 28, 2004
Melbourne
Collingwood's and their supporters continual deification of Darren Millane is bloody stupid. The guy was a knob was lucky not to kill innocent civilians.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Tigertool said:

Electricity $100p/m

Mental illness and addiction are usually involved. It's generally not a "choice" for most homeless. It's the result of a number of poor choices.