Coughlan's stats | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Coughlan's stats

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
9 kicks
22 handballs

Not a bad effort considering he spent alot of time on the bench in the second quarter and was reportedly carrying a flu

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Our handball stats were a concern. Not just Cogs but the whole team. We had a huge amount of handballs compared to Port, which indicates to me that we still muck around with the ball too much.

nwonash

Tiger Champion
Aug 10, 2003
Melbourne
Couglan is a freak. Reminds me of Robert Harvey in many ways.

I totally agree with you gustiger12, we over used the handball and got our selves in trouble on many occassions due to hanballing.

I cant understand why we dont kick more often. A kick can travel 50 metres, where a handball will go maybe 10. I know what I'd be doing.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
tend to think he over uses the ball good courage however....its a shame some of the other duds dont do the same

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
gustiger12 said:
Our handball stats were a concern. Not just Cogs but the whole team. We had a huge amount of handballs compared to Port, which indicates to me that we still muck around with the ball too much.

So true Gus. Our first instinct so often is to handball even when it's a low percentage option. I think I counted about 15-20 handballs in a row at one stage moving the ball from the back-pocket to the wing only to turnover it over and in two kicks Port had scored a goal on the rebound. We gift so many goals to the opposition stuffing around with the footy. My dad is a Port member and he mentioned at the game yesterday how the Port players knew they just had to hang off and wait for Richmond to cough up the ball to them through overpossessing with handballs. Of course even though this happens every week it's not part of our game plan according to Danny ::) .

Conversely Port use mostly short kicks instead of handballs. Higher percentage play as the recipient of the footy can either run and play on if free (just the same as receiving a handball) or if under pressure take the mark.