Craig McRae | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Craig McRae

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Every time I hear this fella speak I wonder why he doesn't have a senior coaching gig?
The improvement of the VFL side was massive this year.
If anyone is looking for positives, Fly's a real asset to the club.

If you get the chance check out the video on the RFC site from the JDM night. Gives some insight..

• Love
Reactions: 1 user

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Tigers of Old said:
Every time I hear this fella speak I wonder why he doesn't have a senior coaching gig?
The improvement of the VFL side was massive this year.
If anyone is looking for positives, Fly's a real asset to the club.

If you get the chance check out the video on the RFC site from the JDM night. Gives some insight..

He's one we got very right, ToO. He's a highlight.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Seems to have that good balance in his education of the young players, composed , controlled and well spoken but not afraid to rip a head off when needed.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Seems to me that we have legitimate concerns about player development and the vfl team is probably one of the key elements of that development, so we would be best served by leaving McRae where he is

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Am I right saying when we are not playing at the same time as the VFL team, McCrae works as a development coach on the bench ?

Feeling Tigerish

Tiger Champion
Apr 11, 2009
I don't know about anyone else, but I find him a lot better to listen to than the head coach.

No cliches, articulate and very well spoken.

Ridley

Tiger Legend
Jul 21, 2003
rokkafella said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I find him a lot better to listen to than the head coach.

No cliches, articulate and very well spoken.

I find the sound of my dentist's drill a lot better to listen to than the head coach.

Bullarto Tiger

Tiger Legend
Mar 17, 2012
RFC needs to hang onto McRae and utilise his footy nous and attributes to the best of his abilities.
His sense and direction may well be required in season 2017 if things turn pear-shaped.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
Won't be coaching the VFL team - moving up to be a line coach, but not sure which one.

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Midsy said:
Won't be coaching the VFL team - moving up to be a line coach, but not sure which one.

is this fact?
in an article on the RFC site he is referred to as the VFL coach as well as a development coach. (the rfc site is not always right though.)

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Midsy said:

They dont want him showing up Handbrake by using some of his own tactics so theyve pulled him ;D

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Still listed as "VFL coach AND development coach". And X Clarke is listed also so it would seem to be up to date.

It's shocking to say but perhaps some have gone too early on this one.

Midsy

I am the one who knocks.
Jan 18, 2014
London
antman said:
Still listed as "VFL coach AND development coach". And X Clarke is listed also so it would seem to be up to date.

It's shocking to say but perhaps some have gone too early on this one.

Maybe so. Time will tell I guess.