Craig McRae | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Craig McRae

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
That Craig McRae is no longer at RFC is wrong. It's bad. We've heard them all speak. Mr Culture. Mr Message.

Peggy is the President. Brendon is CEO.

he might be reluctant to pull the white hood on, and come back?

the pop-up ad below this thread right now,

is for an eco- fly trap

they're listening to us. I hope they dont try lure Thompson Dow away with their espionage.

Reactions: 1 users
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
The Poize will improve under McRae. Certain.
Time will tell but honestly think Fly will prove to be one of our biggest losses Jack. The work he did with our younger players & our VFL system was priceless.

For all that I sure don't wish him luck at the Pies.

PS: The bump was nice. Did become a snr coach as forecast 5 years back. (y)

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Fly is now coach of Collingwood. Leppa assistant.

It's like there's an allegiance.

What if Collingwood brings in Clarko to coach in 2023?

People are about to make some big mistakes. Fly may be free. And he's formed an allegiance.

Who can foresee how this plays out?

Won't happen, I can foresee that :cool:

Reactions: 1 user

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Fly is now coach of Collingwood. Leppa assistant.

It's like there's an allegiance.

What if Collingwood brings in Clarko to coach in 2023?

People are about to make some big mistakes. Fly may be free. And he's formed an allegiance.

Who can foresee how this plays out?
Don't know but I think they will lift the Maggots unfortunately, although their last effort at copying the Tigers failed.

Blake and Truck at Essendon also doing everything they can to bring the RFC to the EFC.

They can imitate but the culture was what drove the RFC success first and foremost.

They say Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

We did it using the knowhow from Clarkson era, Hardwicks own Premiership success as player and coach, and the former Star Lions in their greatest side.of the mdern era.

Now we are the subject of the pillaging.

Melbourne have copied the RFC model and succeeded, but the model everyone will be studying is the GoDeez not the RFC.

Swings and roundabouts.

Reactions: 5 users

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
Don't know but I think they will lift the Maggots unfortunately, although their last effort at copying the Tigers failed.

yeah its a long road back for the Pies.

• Love

CarnTheTiges

This is a REAL tiger
Mar 8, 2004
Victoria

Blake and Truck at Essendon also doing everything they can to bring the RFC to the EFC.

They can imitate but the culture was what drove the RFC success first and foremost.

They say Imitation is the greatest form of flattery.

We did it using the knowhow from Clarkson era, Hardwicks own Premiership success as player and coach, and the former Star Lions in their greatest side.of the mdern era.

Now we are the subject of the pillaging.

Melbourne have copied the RFC model and succeeded, but the model everyone will be studying is the GoDeez not the RFC.

Swings and roundabouts.
And that’s another challenge the Dees will face, every other club trying to poach their assistants and prise what they can out of the playing group.

snags

Tiger Superstar
Oct 28, 2005
I have a feeling on any given night there will be at least 3 clubs going through the trash at Punt Rd. Pisses me off thieving pricks!

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Round 1 2022 the Pies showed all-new values. Christ! Sidebottom throwing himself at a spoil in the back pocket.

It's R5 now and McRae still has a lot to do. I think we all agree that he's working with a sow's ear list as it stands. (Yes, some good youth coming through.)

Mason Cox is the interesting player tonight. Don't let the glasses distract you from the form. (Fly will be in on the glasses thing - removing obstacles, empowering the player to succeed.) Mason Cox is improving his endeavour and engagement. MCRae can't just give Cox talent. He doesn't have much. But McRae can try to teach him football.

Are you seeing the new values in Cox's game? The repeat efforts? The tackling? The working after the fall? NB that there was a stratagem tonight to rest Grundy. (Injured? I reckon.) Cameron was subbed off. Mason Cox stayed on.

I think we can all agree that Mason Cox is very low in talent. So why would McRae reward him for his failure? (Cox bungled all night.) The same reason that he's rewarded Cox all preseason - he's responding to coaching. He's learning and pushing himself.

*But that won't win football games.* Not yet. But when Fly gets the buy in he can train all the players to be better. Mason Potato Cox is a loss leader there. And who knows? Maybe he'll make a player one day.

I have to mention the ball use at Collingwood this year. The working the perimeter then the ripping through the guts. (Very Richmond Reserves 2016.) We can talk about this as the year wears on. It hasn't always been good at Collingwood this year.

Another thing I think we might agree on is that the Pies were gallant in defeat tonight.

Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Nice Jack.
Goggle Cox's role is to bring the ball to ground (he does that well..cause he can't mark:ROFLMAO:).
Now where have we seen that before, straight from the Tiger playbook.
Pies improving. They're structured up pretty well with what they've got & they ran the Lions pretty close on their own deck.
Fly can certainly coach.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The point I'm trying to make about Mason Cox is that there is a huge difference between the bloke we saw tonight and the one we saw in 2021. Very McRae stuff. Team first. Courage. Unity. Endeavour. Percentages.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
The point I'm trying to make about Mason Cox is that there is a huge difference between the bloke we saw tonight and the one we saw in 2021. Very McRae stuff. Team first. Courage. Unity. Endeavour. Percentages.
As much as I enjoyed putting sh!t on Cox in the game day thread, I do concede that his 2nd and 3rd efforts were good.
Not sure that it was a good idea by Fly to play Grundy, Cameron and Cox in the same side though. Grundy at 203 cm's is the shortest out of the three of them.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
As much as I enjoyed putting sh!t on Cox in the game day thread, I do concede that his 2nd and 3rd efforts were good.
Not sure that it was a good idea by Fly to play Grundy, Cameron and Cox in the same side though. Grundy at 203 cm's is the shortest out of the three of them.
Grundy has at least one issue in 2022, tm. The first is wellness. He wasn't right there in 2021 either. Fly rested Grundy in the third quarter. Conspicuously. Then subbed Cameron off (not Cox) to bring on Noble.

It was an interesting plan. It didn't quite come off. And second-rated Brisbane squeaked home against a side the does not have a #1 midfielder.

McRae was humiliated by Scott. Fly was naive. But he bounced tonight IMO.

He asks his players to go again. And tonight he demonstrated that he will go again. A tremendous demonstration of values from a man who instills and demands them.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
The values McRae has instilled at Collingwood on show again yesterday. Cox > Cameron in this respect atm. But Cameron improved too.

The buy-in there is outstanding. They go again. How's DeGoey doing? Playing some disciplined football. Josh Daicos bludging for a half then lifting after half time.

Fly has stuck with Young Daicos and Ginnivan, for obvious reasons. But Young Henry has let him down more than once. And still plays. Rewards coming in now.

Just by playing two blokes bigger than Gawn and Jackson Collingwood was able to dominate the ruck duels. Interesting. And how did Melbourne's midfield look when Gawn wasn't roving for them?

McRae has the Taylor Adams role right now. Tighter role. How Pendlebury got off the leash is anyone's guess.

Melbourne's game characterised by millions of useless possessions. 44 for Clarrie. 32 for Viney. Petracca still playing lame.

Some prayers in the forward line early cost Collingwood dearly when the ball should have been centred or sent to the boundary for a set play. That was corrected in time but McRae is giving his developing side opportunity for virtuosity.

Ball use. Pick the perimeter for a bit. Soak it up for a bit. But when the game is on you rip the guts open. Fly.

After the loss to Richmond McRae described the Richmond list as "married with three kids" and his own as "two dates into the relationship". Classy media performance.

Reactions: 8 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
The values McRae has instilled at Collingwood on show again yesterday. Cox > Cameron in this respect atm. But Cameron improved too.

The buy-in there is outstanding. They go again. How's DeGoey doing? Playing some disciplined football. Josh Daicos bludging for a half then lifting after half time.

Fly has stuck with Young Daicos and Ginnivan, for obvious reasons. But Young Henry has let him down more than once. And still plays. Rewards coming in now.

Just by playing two blokes bigger than Gawn and Jackson Collingwood was able to dominate the ruck duels. Interesting. And how did Melbourne's midfield look when Gawn wasn't roving for them?

McRae has the Taylor Adams role right now. Tighter role. How Pendlebury got off the leash is anyone's guess.

Melbourne's game characterised by millions of useless possessions. 44 for Clarrie. 32 for Viney. Petracca still playing lame.

Some prayers in the forward line early cost Collingwood dearly when the ball should have been centred or sent to the boundary for a set play. That was corrected in time but McRae is giving his developing side opportunity for virtuosity.

Ball use. Pick the perimeter for a bit. Soak it up for a bit. But when the game is on you rip the guts open. Fly.

After the loss to Richmond McRae described the Richmond list as "married with three kids" and his own as "two dates into the relationship". Classy media performance.
Agree Jack. Fly instilled a lot of Richmond blood into that team (sad to say in a way), but shows how much better than Figgy he is with their players, especially Daddy Long Legs.

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004

He can't do much more than he's done so far, TF.

At first I had a suspicion that the poor Collingwoods had appointed McRae as a stand-in for the waiting Clarko. But he looks pretty safe atm!

bugsy

TIGERISING
Jul 31, 2004
Magpies were never ever going anywhere with Ed and/or Bucks around. I’m not yet convinced they are the real thing but the mindset there has improved out of sight.

Reactions: 2 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Magpies were never ever going anywhere with Ed and/or Bucks around.
yes, which is the reason why i was campaigning strongly for them not to leave.
Now look whats happening.
I'm upset, my mum's upset, everyone's *smile* upset!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7 users