Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Cummins has literally smacked one out of the stadium. Bounced on the road and into the grass on the other side :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1 user

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Man, Rishabh Pant is fun to watch when he's doing it to someone else's team. 146 off 111 after India were 5/98 in the fifth Test against England (COVID delayed from 12 months ago). Literally swung himself off his feet at one point and it still went for a one-bounce 4.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Man, Rishabh Pant is fun to watch when he's doing it to someone else's team. 146 off 111 after India were 5/98 in the fifth Test against England (COVID delayed from 12 months ago). Literally swung himself off his feet at one point and it still went for a one-bounce 4.
I'm a big fan, test cricket needs players like Pant.

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Whenever I hear the name Rishab Pant for some reason I always think of Australian Crawls "Errol", there's a line in there somewhere that sounds like "Rishab Pant".

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
Whenever I hear the name Rishab Pant for some reason I always think of Australian Crawls "Errol", there's a line in there somewhere that sounds like "Rishab Pant".
This song always sticks in the head...:mhihi
1656729325636.png

• Haha
Reactions: 1 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
He's great, so likeable too. Loves the game, loves competition. What a range of shots he has, he's the Indian Gilly.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Wow. Got in last night after a night out, switched on the cricket and saw Stuart Broad bowl the most expensive over in Test history: 35 runs, including 5 wides and a no-ball that got hit for six. The sequence: 4, 5w, 6(nb), 4 (should have been a nb for a waist-high full toss), 4, 4, 6, 1. The batsman: Jasprit Bumrah, who has a Test average of 6.21!

The most expensive over in Test cricket but not Broad's most expensive international over - Yuvraj Singh hit him for six sixes in an over at the 2007 T20 World Cup.

From 5/98 India ended up with 416 scored at 4.9 per over, and have the Poms 5/83. Stokes and Bairstow at the crease, let's hope they produce something like Pant and Jadeja did.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Haaarrrgh. Holy *smile*, well played Broady :rotfl1 Carna Poms. Jasper Bumfart obviously reckons he's an elite bat after that over, stole a cheeky single off the last ball so he could retain the strike.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Wow. Got in last night after a night out, switched on the cricket and saw Stuart Broad bowl the most expensive over in Test history: 35 runs, including 5 wides and a no-ball that got hit for six. The sequence: 4, 5w, 6(nb), 4 (should have been a nb for a waist-high full toss), 4, 4, 6, 1. The batsman: Jasprit Bumrah, who has a Test average of 6.21!
Average pushed up over 7 now.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
It's gives me a lot of joy that staid old, boring old, we know it all England cricket's most recent successes have come with Trevor Bayliss and now Brendon McCullum as their coach.

Apologies mrposhman:)

Haha no worries. You are 100% right though. English coaches - boring stale cricket. Overseas coaches - attacking fun cricket

Bumrah exposed our top order yesterday

Bones17

Tiger Rookie
Jul 11, 2010
The Pines

The most expensive over in Test cricket but not Broad's most expensive international over - Yuvraj Singh hit him for six sixes in an over at the 2007 T20 World Cup.

From 5/98 India ended up with 416 scored at 4.9 per over, and have the Poms 5/83. Stokes and Bairstow at the crease, let's hope they produce something like Pant and Jadeja did.
Robin Best, Jimmy Anderson and Joe Root will be happy as they no longer have that record. I think the umpires must have felt sorry for Broad the 4th legal ball probably should have been a no ball as well. The commentators were speculating that the umpires were going to call a no ball.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The Poms do have holes at the top. Crawley is not a Test opener's arse.hole. But Lees might be. Pope has a lot of talent. Bairstow is reborn. Root and Stokes are world class. Leach suddenly looks a Test spinner. Unfortunately for them Broad and Anderson are still their two best bowlers, although they look like playing forever.

They are playing bold cricket. Good on them. We will have to lift to beat them over there.

I like Crawley but his main problem is he seems to be trying to force the game IMO. He wants to play the strokes that he wants to play rather than picking the ball and playing the stroke he needs to play. He has the game to play as a good test opener. He has a good defensive game, he has a lot of very good attacking strokes, the one thing he is struggling with right now, is decision making. A lot of his recent deliveries are very similar, trying to play an off drive and getting a healthy nick to 2nd or 3rd slip. He's not nicking the defensive strokes behind to the keeper or to 1st slip. He needs to step back and play a bit more defensively, for a while longer. The best openers don't come out swinging and hitting their best shots in the first 10 overs of the innings, and him coming out playing like this isn't helping the likes of Pope and Root who should be coming in once the ball has been softened up a little bit in an ideal world, and then Bairstow and Stokes coming in as either the primary bowlers are tiring or the next string of bowlers come in. Thats the ideal innings, but both openers are exposing us a bit (Lees a bit less, but he's still not taking enough balls up).

Stokes is another 1 we need to watch. Some of his strokes would be more acceptable in T20. There is aggression like Bairstow is showing beautifully, but Stokes is more of a hot head and giving away his wicket too easily at times. He is trying to be an aggressor by forcing shots, instead of just taking on the shots that are there with beautiful cricket shots like Bairstow is doing right now.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
I like Crawley but his main problem is he seems to be trying to force the game IMO. He wants to play the strokes that he wants to play rather than picking the ball and playing the stroke he needs to play. He has the game to play as a good test opener. He has a good defensive game, he has a lot of very good attacking strokes, the one thing he is struggling with right now, is decision making.
Agree about shot selection, not sure I agree about defence. Averages 30 in first-class cricket. That's a number 7's average.

Bairstow in the form of his life.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Agree about shot selection, not sure I agree about defence. Averages 30 in first-class cricket. That's a number 7's average.

Bairstow in the form of his life.

His ability is there, he just needs to tone it down a touch and take his time at the crease. Whether he gets a chance remains to be seen. England play SA in a 3 test series in August, there are a few other options having terrific seasons in the County Championship, Ben Compton and Tom Haines are probably next in line.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Any relation to Dennis?

Crawley has some talent, not sure he's an opener.

Grandson. He's the cousin of Nick who played a few games for England a few years ago. Has been a late starter in the County Champs (this is his 1st year at 28) but has started very well. 15 innings, 1040 runs at 87 average. 4 hundreds and 5 fifties. I haven't seen him bat to see if he could step into the test team, but they are very impressive figures.