Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Maybe I should be England coach. No overs yesterday, India looked fairly good at 3/99. Comes on and takes 5/8 in 6 overs.
Reminiscent of Michael Clarke taking 6/9 on a raging turner. And we lost.

Great for Australia if England wins this match.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
So who's going to call India out on this disaster of a wicket. For a 5 day test, to have 23 wickets down in a day and a half is a disgrace.

Reactions: 3 users

marella jube

Tiger Champion
Jul 27, 2004
So who's going to call India out on this disaster of a wicket. For a 5 day test, to have 23 wickets down in a day and a half is a disgrace.
Yep. To call this pitch substandard would be very charitable. It's conceivable the wicks may not get a bowl in this England innings. Never trusted ball tracking with DRS. The angle of thr ball in Stokes dismissal looked to be sliding past leg stump. Offsets one of Root's escapes which looked pad, bat, pad...6/66, 33 ahead with 4 wickets in hand. Result likely in 2 days. Farcical

Reactions: 1 user

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
The cynic in me tells me the Indians have dried the wickets out after the 1st test that they lost.

1st test was balanced, 1285 runs at 3.29 runs / over. 40 wickets fell, 16 to seam, 24 to spin.
2nd test started to swing the other way, 913 runs at 3.10 runs / over, 40 wickets fell, 7 to seam, 32 to spin, 1 to a run out

Both the 1st 2 tests, the toss was key as 1st innings is generally the easiest time to bat in India and that was shown easily.

3rd test was diabolical, 387 runs at 2.77 runs / over, 3 wickets fell, 2 to seam, 28 to spin.

Bar the 1st innings of the 1st test, England haven't batted particularly well and probably would have lost the last 2 tests anyway, but it seems to me that India couldn't cope with losing a test at home, so dried the hell out of the remaining wickets.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
With the well overdue retirement of Bruce this week , Warney is reminding me of what I disliked about Bruce’s commentating most.....predicting whats going to happen, “ ya get the feeling” ffs just call the game ball by ball , a million things “could” happen

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
India v. New Zealand in World Test Championship final.
Just flogged the Poms again.

Can't say I'm all that disappointed, Australia simply does not deserve to be there.

If Australia made the Test Final it would be hiding cracks we need to fix - more Sheffield Shield for a start.

DS

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Yeh, I watched a fair chunk and none of the commentators questioned the wicket. It really was unacceptable. Did the ICC make comment on it?
The poms have really showed little ticker the last couple of tests. They had a couple of unlucky dismissals but went down without much fight.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Yeh, I watched a fair chunk and none of the commentators questioned the wicket. It really was unacceptable. Did the ICC make comment on it?
The poms have really showed little ticker the last couple of tests. They had a couple of unlucky dismissals but went down without much fight.

Bar the 1st test, their batting has been well below par. Just made the last wicket look like a minefield, and I don't think it was. They didn't have the patience to bunker down and start their innings.

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Bar the 1st test, their batting has been well below par. Just made the last wicket look like a minefield, and I don't think it was. They didn't have the patience to bunker down and start their innings.
Pant, Sundar and even Patel, showed thewicket could be batted on. Only Lawrence showed anything in the second dig. Stokes bowled into the ground, and had nothing left with the bat.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Cameron Green is in reasonable nick, 200 in a grade game, 160 odd in the shield game against SA, he followed that with 130 odd in a 50 over game against them, and has just scored 250 in the shield game against QLD.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Just saw the headline that the BBL is considering letting Indian investors, invest in the bbl and then bring Indian players across.

I don’t watched the BBL so my opinion is irrelevant