Cricket | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cricket

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Damn! Carey makes another start and cannot go on with it. Disappointing. Really like his potential; keep hoping for a mini-Gilchrist I think, but not sure he can measure up.

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Not hard, he knows every balls is going to be short, he's in postion before Wood lets the ball go.
Just shows how dumb Wood is.
All true but therefore hole outs by Starc and Cummins dumber. In that sense, out-smarted by Wood. :LOL:

PS - Still have to be good enough to execute the shot (for 6) too. Saying Lyon close to best hooker in our team.

Last edited:

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
All true but therefore hole outs by Starc and Cummins dumber. In that sense, out-smarted by Wood. :LOL:

PS - Still have to be good enough to execute the shot (for 6) too. Saying Lyon close to best hooker in our team.
Starc & Cummins too half hearted with the shot. Lyon swings through.

Reactions: 1 user

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne

Starc also stiff, Rory Burns hasn't caught anything else on tour.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Hold your head up Burns, at least you didn't nick off playing a pathetic looking defensive shot :p

Last edited:

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
So we get another chance to be amazed by how awful Rory Burn's batting technique is. One of the rare informative presentations by Copeland on CH.7 coverage finally explained why. He has a really dominant left eye so has to tilt his head to try and line up his vision to ball. Then turns his body half towards it, everything across the line turning to mid-on including a closed-face bat.

What cannot be explained is how he has come to be one of the 'best' openers England can select from. Such a flawed technique can never succeed long-term at test level, unfortunately for him. Especially on our hard, fast wickets and seaming balls.

Now run out! Ha.

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Agree. Wasn't his fault Crawley stopped and hesitated, but should've dived......ala Dangerfield.

Look at it from behind the bowler. Crawley hesitated because Burns didn't trust his call. He then carried on as he then saw Burns start to sprint.

That runout was on only 1 man and that was Burns himself. Irony of this wicket is I reckon Hameed might finally have had a wicket that may have suited his game and we drop him for it.