Crows wary of tigers (afl.com.au) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Crows wary of tigers (afl.com.au)

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Crows wary of Tigers: Mickan
1:06:59 PM Fri 4 July, 2003
Alan Shiell
afl.com.au

Adelaide is bracing for a strong challenge from Richmond, especially early, at AAMI Stadium on Saturday night.

Mark Mickan, the Crows’ inaugural club champion and now one of their assistant coaches, pointed out after training on Friday that the Tigers had won nine first quarters and drawn another in their 13 matches this season.

“They’re a side that doesn’t get blown away early,” Mickan said. “I thought they had Brisbane on toast in the first quarter last week and it wasn’t until just before three-quarter time that Brisbane got right on top.

“So they’ve got some powers of perseverance and we have to understand that this game could go right down to the wire.”

Mickan said the Tigers had “a lot of strengths, a lot of ability”.

“They’ve got some real good big-man power,” he said. “(Greg) Stafford’s been a real danger for them up forward and in ruck, along with (Brad) Ottens and (Matthew) Richardson.

“And so have (Mark) Coughlan and Kane Johnson around the ball, and (Wayne) Campbell’s coming back – their captain, a leader and a quality onballer. And they’ve got a defence that likes to rebound.

“We’re expecting Kane Johnson to play. We understand he trained this morning (after having had hamstring soreness) and we obviously have respect for his ability. We never doubted that. He’s a player we need to take care of because he has terrific ability and he’s a very good ball-user.”

Adelaide has won four of its six home games this season – beating Fremantle, West Coast, the Western Bulldogs and Melbourne, but losing to Port Adelaide and Collingwood – and now plays six of its remaining nine matches, including four of the next five, at AAMI Stadium.

“We wanted to win all of our home games this year and we haven’t done that,” Mickan said. “It’s important we don’t drop any more. That’s a big factor in this game.

“We want to get some consistency going. It’s an important part of the year for us. We’re starting to get some players back and we want to get our structures organised and make sure we get the processes in place and (have) a lot of players playing well.”

Adelaide’s 10-7 record against Richmond includes 4-4 at AAMI Stadium, where Adelaide beat Richmond by 22 points in round 21 last season – the Crows’ fourth successive win against the Tigers, who have lost their past five matches this season.

“They’d be seeing it as one of the last chances they have to get their season back on track and we need to win for our own purposes,” Mickan said. “We want to maintain a spot in the top four.”

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
The only thing the crows will be wary of is McLeod, Riccutio, Ladhams and Carey getting leather poisoning after giving us a 15 goal touch up.

We have no hope of winning this game, so what is Mark Miken crapping on about ???

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
We struggled to kick 9 goals against an out of form brisbane, wonder what an in form adelaide gonna do to us. 10 goal flogging.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Haha RR. Why do I always think we are going to win. I honestly feel confident, usually do.
Trouble is I hardly care at the moment. I have become a bit numb to it all.
Similar to last year. Losing to Carlton kinda broke my spirit again. Losses don't hurt so much now at least. :'(

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
It's scary to think of the Melbournes and Geelongs whose droughts have been going even longer than ours. I mean, I feel so drained by the last 2 decades of misery - imagine if we have another 20+ years of this crap ahead of us??!!

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Rosy,

Numbness - that is the word which I have trying to find to describe the way I feel at the moment.

The Sydney loss was pathetic, the kangas heartbreaking, the Carlton numbing, the Brisbane confirmation that we are a BAD footbal club.

Will we ever feel joy, confidence, cockiness or elation about our team in the future ???

I hope so, because it is getting to the point where I am embarressed to say that I barrack for Richmond because people laugh at how pathetic we are as a club.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I dragged this Pink Floyd song out about this time last season. Says it all for me. Sad.

There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're sayin'.
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now.
The child is grown, the dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb.

gdbarrett

Some more New-men please.
Jun 18, 2003
Albury
Mikan knows we are not as bad as our streak of losses suggests. We can win this game and if we do our season is alive again.

Go tigers!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I reckon we'll win too Bazz. Reminds me of another song. I get knocked down, But I get up again.

Go Tiges.

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
While were mentioning songs that remind us of the tigers...

Fallin By Alicia Keys

I keep on fallin'
In and out of love
With you
Sometimes I love ya
Sometimes you make me blue
Sometimes I feel good
At times I feel used
Lovin you darlin'
Makes me so confused

I keep on
Fallin'
In and out of love with you
I never loved someone
The way that I love you

I never felt this way
How do you give me so much pleasure
And cause me so much pain
Just when I think
Ive taken more than would a fool
I start fallin' back in love with you

I reckon the last verse says it all :rollin

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
rosy3 said:
There is no pain, you are receding.
A distant ship's smoke on the horizon.
You are only coming through in waves.
Your lips move but I can't hear what you're sayin'.
When I was a child I caught a fleeting glimpse,
Out of the corner of my eye.
I turned to look but it was gone.
I cannot put my finger on it now.
The child is grown, the dream is gone.
I have become comfortably numb.
How true.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
We'll be ok. At least we are all in it together.

Tonight is a big game, cant wait til i get to the ground and watch our boysin action.

Should be good.

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
I we loose tonight and next week to Geelong im gonna go see Piglets new movie.
It wouldnt be as embarasing as neing a Richmond supporter.