Cry baby must go | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Cry baby must go

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
The 50m penalties and the report were soft. I did cringe when he gave someone the finger but he was getting mashed. And I thought, for Richo, he held his emotions fairly well with the bad deliveries from Houlihan and Rodan. Even the commentators mentioned how frustrating it was. As for the free kicks - the umpires seemed to favour the Hawkes - there were a couple of blatant freekicks that should have gone our way but didn't.

hutstar

Tiger Superstar
Dec 17, 2002
Florida
Richo must go.
He is a bad influence on the players around him.
Didn't lift when given the captaincy.
Still can't control his temper.
Still can't kick.
YES, he has heart- but it rarely benefits him or the team, in fact as a rule it is detrimental to his and the clubs performance.
If we are re-building, it should be done without Richo hammering away at the young guys confidence.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Roar34 said:
Rather than point the finger at someone is has so obviously got passion for RFC what about that beautiful pass of Hooligan's - right to the opposition in the last quarter!

On that passage of play. From memory, Houlihan had taken a mark. He then proceeded to pick himself up from the turf and had Tiva in support. All he had to do was handpass to Tiva who could have moved the ball on quickly. Instead, Houla decided to pick himself up, dust himself off and have a look around.

The only thing missing was a cuppa tea and biscuits and some think music. Is it any wonder we are where we are.

Just one of the many frustrating, annoying, mindless and brainless passages of play I've witnessed this season.

I don't have a problem with players making mistakes when I can see what they're trying to do, but things like that just shouldn't happen.

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Danny had obviously intructed us to use the members side of the ground in the last quarter, which is fine. But if Houlihan had of looked the other way he would have seen Stafford 20 metres in the clear.

It's great to follow instructions, but surely other options should be considered and a player should be able to think for himself and realise that there was better options available

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
Merv18 said:
I don't how many of you were at the game today, but if anyone personified the number 17 for determination, commitment and pride in the yellow and black it was Richo.

Together with Cogs, Johnson and Otto, Richo was one of the few who could hold his head up today.

Well said Merv18.

Did you see him after the game - devastated. He bleeds for this Club - without question.

And come some please explain this to me. Richo gives a teammate a spray for the shocking disposal and it is labelled a disgrace.

When other players do it (and it happened twice yesterday 2 other leaders did it) it isn't a disgrace and no one talks about it?

Just highlights yet again to me that the Big Fella is marked by a different set of rules to everyone else.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
MC24 said:
On that passage of play. From memory, Houlihan had taken a mark. He then proceeded to pick himself up from the turf and had Tiva in support. All he had to do was handpass to Tiva who could have moved the ball on quickly. Instead, Houla decided to pick himself up, dust himself off and have a look around.

The only thing missing was a cuppa tea and biscuits and some think music. Is it any wonder we are where we are.

Perhaps it was the Hoopsters way of giving, we the supporters, something to remember him by ;D

Oh did I mention today he is a disgrace :mad: :mad:

Robbo24

I'm a llama!
Aug 21, 2003
Richo may be a nice bloke and certainly tries hard.

However, he will never, ever be a great player, for us or anyone else.

He is nervy, immature and a poor leader. He lacks composure, makes appalling decisions, is a poor kick and cannot time a lead to save his life.

Think about it - do you really think Richmond has had not one player since 1993 who can hit a full forward on the chest? Richo very rarely gets clear of his opponent because he doesn't know how to.

He is very good at winning the ball but imagine the damage that a good player would do to an opposition with the amount of ball that Richo wins. His supporters are fooled by his amazing stats and are blind to his pathetic and wasteful use of those possessions.

He will never be what we wish he could be.

He must go - and if the current coaching staff don't realise this, then they should also pack their bags.

No doubt he would make a great basketballer.

nwonash said:
When Richo is firing, his unstoppable.

I agree, but the sad fact is that Richo hasn't fired since 1995. Nevertheless, he's simply too good a player to get rid of, but he has to start being accountable. As does Frawley.

I believe it was the second quarter on Sunday when Richo got the ball a good 15m clear, and then managed to somehow stuff around with it until he had 3 Hawks on his tail. He then tried to handball it over the top to another Tiger, but it was (surprise surprise) intercepted. And then Richo proceeded to yell abuse at his team'mate' for not getting the ball - HE WAS NO WHERE NEAR IT YOU IDIOT, YOU stuffed it up! I'd have dragged him for 5 mins for that one. It was unacceptable and in NO way reflects Captain qualities.

As for his 2 50m penalties (in just 10 minutes), possibly a bit soft, but they were there. I'd have dragged him for the rest of the game. I certainly wouldn't care if we were going to lost the game by having him off the ground... heck, we lost the game having him ON the ground. At least we'd have tought him a little discipline.

Richo and Frawley have both got to start doing their jobs. Does Dan not recall how Richo played after spending a week at Coburg?? He didn't like it, but it sure as hell made him pull his socks up, at least for a while.

Of course, I've been no real fan of Frawley since he dropped Matty Knights, a consistently better player than Richo.

P

PuntRoadRoar

Cry baby Richo disgraced our jumper yesterday with his normal little tantrums and spitting of the dummy. Not only did he look stupid doing it but in that last quarter he cost us the game.

he was a joke and im sick of his sooking about the bad delivery and umpire decisions....he should start chasing and tackling and earning his kicks instead of being spoon fed during his whole career of mediocrity.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
That we should be even mentioning the words "drag" and "captain" in the same sentence is rediculous and just gos to show how rediculous a choice it was to make Richo captain. The captain is the one who is meant to lead the way, not the one to be taken off the field to be held account for his foibles.

We will never trade him so its no use talking about it. We will be stuck with him because he is in the psyche of most Tiger supporters and they will continue to love him and live in self-deception until he gives it away.

P

PuntRoadRoar

unfortunately you speak the truth again johnF..... they might continue to love him, i will continue to bemoan at the joke that he is...as long as he is still playing we wont go anywhere.....

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
PuntRoadRoar said:
he was a joke and im sick of his sooking about the bad delivery and umpire decisions....he should start chasing and tackling and earning his kicks instead of being spoon fed during his whole career of mediocrity.

LOL

Are you serious PRR??? ::)

What game were you watching PRR??? The Richo I saw was chasing, and tackling, and earning all his kicks!

I'm just spewing Richo didn't get himself reported by stiking Houlihan to the head.........there's the culprit who cost us the game.

P

PuntRoadRoar

yes im serious newman

i dont know what game you were watching... he made NO tackles thats right ZERO tackles yesterday.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Bag Richo for many things, but to say he is a soft receiver who doesn't earn his kicks - a few too many bongs I reckon PRR............

P

PuntRoadRoar

lol yeah right newman

cry baby richo is a log he has been that for 10 years.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
JohnF said:
That we should be even mentioning the words "drag" and "captain" in the same sentence is rediculous and just gos to show how rediculous a choice it was to make Richo captain. The captain is the one who is meant to lead the way, not the one to be taken off the field to be held account for his foibles.

We will never trade him so its no use talking about it. We will be stuck with him because he is in the psyche of most Tiger supporters and they will continue to love him and live in self-deception until he gives it away.

Sad but so true John.

At 28 going on 29 we as a Club have wasted his strengths (aerobic capacity and strong marking) by surrounding with mostly hacks and brainless coaches and have not stamped out or at least improved his weaknesses (discipline and goalkicking).

If he was younger I would definitely keep Richo but at his age and given this would be the last chance at getting something good at the trade table for him if the doggies agreed to take him for say Murphy and their first pick (Cooney) then I would say yes. Be crazy not to IMHO. We need think with our heads and not our hearts and make tough long-term decisions that might bite us on the bum in the short-term but pay off in 3 years time and beyond when Richo will be at the end of his career.

P

PuntRoadRoar

lol

yeah and i should also take my I love the spud T-shirt off while im at it.