Damien Hardwick | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Damien Hardwick

Looks like he's chubbed up?

Would this be the first time he's been to pre season in about 5 years?
Holidays in the states the last 2 preseasons.
He needs to prove himself there won't be any billshitt excursions to the states to watch Gridiron or Baseball

Reactions: 2 users
Holidays in the states the last 2 preseasons.
He needs to prove himself there won't be any billshitt excursions to the states to watch Gridiron or Baseball
Doesnt have Kingsley, Mini, Mcrae or Leppitsch either.

He does have Grigg however who will be a good right hand man for him.

Looking forward to hearing his trademark pissing and moaning each time something doesn't suit. Good coach and all, but a total pain in the arse to listen to.

Reactions: 1 users
Looking forward to hearing his trademark pissing and moaning each time something doesn't suit. Good coach and all, but a total pain in the arse to listen to.

Media will palaver all over him Bluey now he's on the AFL love child's payroll;; as opposed to being in charge of the AFLs public enemy number 1.

Reactions: 5 users
Hardwick is going to be looking forward to the challenge.

Its going to be really exciting for them.

• Haha
Looks off overweight unshaven like he just got out of bed just coaching for the $$$$

• Haha
Reactions: 3 users
He steered the ship towards 3 flags but at the end of the day he had an affair with GC. This deal was done ages ago while he was coaching us. Grigg would’ve been sounded out a fair way out too as his kids would’ve had to change schools etc. Maybe this is how he rolls now. *smile* him.
to be frank he didnt have an affair with GC.
He started a new job.
Sure he spoke to GC while still coaching RFC.
I'm hiring someone right now who already has a job, I dont expect them to quit their job just to start the process with me.
Coaching an AFL team is a job.

Reactions: 8 users
to be frank he didnt have an affair with GC.
He started a new job.
Sure he spoke to GC while still coaching RFC.
I'm hiring someone right now who already has a job, I dont expect them to quit their job just to start the process with me.
Coaching an AFL team is a job.
True but this is footy and we like to get worked up.
It's an affair.

• Haha
Not sure he is a bad pisser and moaner but he did have his hobby horses that he liked to go on about. I think that actually happened after he became a successful coach. If you listen to Dimma circa 2017 and before, and even for a while after, he certainly wasn’t a moaner.

They interviewed him yesterday and he said he was excited to be playing us 1st up (104 days) and he loves the weather up there.
**fingers crossed we slapped them and El Nino hits southern Queensland and it rains more then it does in the Amazon.
There's a Sheedy type vibe coming from him lately aka GWS Sheedy

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
They interviewed him yesterday and he said he was excited to be playing us 1st up (104 days) and he loves the weather up there.
**fingers crossed we slapped them and El Nino hits southern Queensland and it rains more then it does in the Amazon.
There's a Sheedy type vibe coming him lately aka GWS Sheedy
It’s scary how much he sounds like Sheedy now. When this is all done and dusted keep him away from the RFC board at all costs.

• Haha
It’s scary how much he sounds like Sheedy now. When this is all done and dusted keep him away from the RFC board at all costs.
I heard sheedy speak at a function during the season and seriously he is bat *smile* crazy
That mixed with his ultra sized ego makes him very difficult to listen to

• Wow
I heard sheedy speak at a function during the season and seriously he is bat *smile* crazy
That mixed with his ultra sized ego makes him very difficult to listen to
I wouldve walked out
In the 2017 GF he sat in the crowd with a Richmond scarf, he got reamed from everyone around him and then he turned up to the 2019 GF in a GWS scarf.
There's alot of Richmond people who don't look upon him as a Richmond man, me included

• Love
I wouldve walked out
In the 2017 GF he sat in the crowd with a Richmond scarf, he got reamed from everyone around him and then he turned up to the 2019 GF in a GWS scarf.
There's alot of Richmond people who don't look upon him as a Richmond man, me included
The function I went to was an Essendon function Zips. I spoke to sheeds as I was leaving and said I was a Richmond man and he basically made fun of me in front of the bomber ferals.

I think my parting comment was something about being able to watch our last finals win replay in colour but it was all in pretty good humour.

He did say that if he had stayed at Richmond when he retired as a player he may well have become coach at some point and then got sacked. To be fair he is probably right about that.

I wouldve walked out
Sheedy is a fair-weather friend and about as Richmond as Salty Scott

• Haha
We're in a new chapter now. Club gave him to much leeway every preseason rocking up late for some bs American trip strange hasn't did it with Suns. Don't get me started on last preseason that was pathetic and a mess. He got to smart for himself and his conduct with the club off it wasn’t great. I reckon slot of our youngsters are rapt his gone you will see a difference with them under Yze.

Yeah his entitled to go for another job , but he did runner on us no other way I see it When things turned sour in the first 10 games and the Taranto and Hopper trades weren't going to make us challenge he took off. The deal was done months ahead all planned bought a property in March and talking to them while in season with us that's about face for me.

Reactions: 1 user