Danny Frawley | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Danny Frawley

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
I agree
rosy3 said:
Claw, I've posted before about how despite the fact Saints and Cats etc have been crap you can see the way they are building a team for the future.

I blame it to a large degree on our coaching staff that we've got so few kids coming on to claim spots for the future.

However surely you're not telling me that's the reason we were flogged by 80 points tonight?

If we were coached properly, if the players had any passion or respect for the jumper and coach, if things were half decent at the club the list we had tonight should have at least put up a decent effort if not won.

The lack of kids for the future is a worry, the lack of heart and effort from the players we have is a bigger one.

And while this grinding, negative attitude stays there what kids we do have will be slowly be poisoned.

Time to end the rot.
Iagree rosy i was going to talk about spuds for brains last night but didnt want to get banned from the site ha. Ive got to say its probably the most disheartend and pissed off ive ever been stevie wonder could see that frawley beck & co have failed miserably B ut the way our club puts its head in the sand and pretends that nothing is wrong is beyond belief i could put up with 80 point hidings if we were playingplenty of kids but a youth policy at rfc is almost nonexistent all i can say is sack beck sack spuds for brains and the rest of the hangers on in the football dept and get anyone who can work with kids

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
Spud has to go, along with Greg Miller.
Greg Miller has a lot to answer for in regards to Spud coaching next year and his pathetic out burst in regards to the email and the victorian cricket team.
Beck has too go as well, what a BIG mistake drafting Fiora, no offence to the kid himself but he is no where near up to playing at AFL level.
Just look at St.Kildas young players, enough said.
BYE BYE Danny, BYE BYE Becky and BYE BYE Mr Hammerhead Himself Greg Miller.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
Why does Greg Miller (and KL ;D ) keep telling us what a marvelous job Spud is doing?

Argh shucks Rosy - you are making me blush ;D

Ruthless Tigers ?

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2003
So very true Rosy. Spud is a dud and lets not forget he was teh assistant tot he guy who won teh wooden spoon at Collingwood and as his assistant we have a guy who won Carltons only wooden spoon...not very inspiring. We need to be realistic in our appraisal of his performances as coach and also the players under him. Basically he and the playing list that he has created are PATHETIC. Excuses are a cornerstone of his coaching career. If he has this club at heart then he MUST walk along with his mates. I said it earlier int he year..same old same old. No future under a coach with no clue

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Koalalill said:
rosy3 said:
Why does Greg Miller (and KL ;D ) keep telling us what a marvelous job Spud is doing?

Understandable KL, I'd be embarrassed myself, ha. :rollin

Ruthless Tigers ?

Tiger Superstar
Aug 10, 2003
Read somewhere that nice guys always finish last....hmmmm will that hang true.

We read excuses from Spud about the injuries, we read excuses from Spud about the lack of depth at the club... whose fault is that? Simple. The coach. Danny must go. I hear things are that bad that even some of the players are sufferingf rom whiplash. As soon as they are shifted they are dragged. The concern is....who will replace Frawley? He has to go. I believe he has less credibility than Neale Daniher but who going around is ready to lead this once proud club? We need a leader who knows success we need a leader who knows the game we need a leader who understand this club and hits history and can give the Tiger Army the strength we want. Look around.

As the old song said.....Rack of Frawley yu and your mates!

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
One question that has been grating at me lately is if Greg MILLER is so convinced that Danny FRAWLEY and Co are doing such a great Job, why then has he taken it upon himself to personally do his own assessment of the list and oversee the recruiting in a hands on manner.

Surely a Football Director who had such faith in his Coach and Recruiting manager would leave them to do the job they are being paid to do.

I am still clinging to the hope that MILLER will make good his promises and clean out the list come seasons end.

I think some of the issues raised on this list about MILLER are storm in a teacup issued compared with the problems that obviously exist at our once proud club.

Without MILLER providing some hope I fear we have little left to look forward to in the short term.

They will need to get their off season moves VERY right this year or they will have to offer a lot more than a mobile phone to get members to sign up next year.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
spiritofrichmond said:
The only director on our board who is worth his salt is the guy that leaked the " memo " to the media because he regognises the seriousness of the situation at TIgerland.
This football department (not just Danny Frawley ) have set us back at least 4 years and the stench at Punt Road is really getting up a lot of supporters' noses.
If Greg Miller and his puppets keep telling us that things are under control then God help the RICHMOND FOOTBALL CLUB.
THat's the whole trouble with the club ,they put more effort into finding out who told the truth at last, than why the duds that call themself footballers ,cann't get motivated to win a game.

EyeOfTheTiger

I'm a llama!
Jul 16, 2003
rosy3 said:
The lack of kids for the future is a worry, the lack of heart and effort from the players we have is a bigger one.

And while this grinding, negative attitude stays there what kids we do have will be slowly be poisoned.

Time to end the rot.

Hear hear.
The legacy of Frawley will live on after he's gone. He suffocates the kids and removes their self belief.
It will take time to mend the damage he's created.
The sooner he goes the better for Richmond. :mad: :mad:

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
Tigerdog said:
To say so consistently about grinding games out, and being so negatively tactically is an embarrasment.
How can confidence be instilled with Spud saying crap like that all the time and backing it up with his negative flooding game plan?
If he doesn't resign of his own accord then the man has no integrity, clearly he doesn't have what it takes to coach at the highest level. To be out-coached by Grant Thomas is laughable at best.
Having said that the players should not escape criticism here for their failure to man-up, do the hard running, and dispose of the ball in an intelligent and skillful way.

There is a vicious circle down at our club and it will only be broken by the end of the season. ::)
after todays game at Coburg when players kept running and looking for each other, and beating a nother top four side two weeks in a row.They need you danndud out Springvale way.Due to the drought spuds are in short supply in the fish shops.When you where out at coburg today I hope you took note on how a team left to run can come from behind ,and beat a top four side,with no real stand out players,but all having a go.They call it motivation.

Fireman_Sam

A 'non-sexual' example of the 69 position
Feb 26, 2003
Wales
Posted by: tigerman Posted on: Today at 10:43:20am
Our last two drafts, have added 4 youngsters to our list, Rodan, McGrath, Schulz and Sipthorp - NOT ENOUGH

Hearten yourself with the news that Sipthorpe was named in the best players list for Coburg ..... RESERVES!!!!!!!!

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:

Understandable KL, I'd be embarrassed myself, ha.
roll.gif

Never said I was embarrassed Rosy - just blushing that you put me on the same level as our Director of Football

Koalalill

Dec 17, 2002
gustiger12 said:
One question that has been grating at me lately is if Greg MILLER is so convinced that Danny FRAWLEY and Co are doing such a great Job, why then has he taken it upon himself to personally do his own assessment of the list and oversee the recruiting in a hands on manner.

Not trying to be a smarty Bum here GT12 - but the reason that Miller is off nearly weekend looking at players available to draft is the fact that we have had only one full time person doing it in the past - Greg Beck. This season we have Beck, Wheadon and Miller travelling the country side looking at players.

Frawley cannot go and watch the perspective draft players week after week because he at the footy coaching (queue the baggers the floor is yours). It has been well documented that last year we did not have alot of info regarding alot of the players in the draft because our recruiting department was so thin. We have expanded in this area this year and on that I say thank goodness