David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

French Tiger

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2004
I would love to see dave increase his intercept marking in the back half of the season. It has been his strength the past two years, less so this year.

Probably no coincidence since Rance hasn't been there that that area of his game is down. Good to see Dave sign on for 2 more.

Reactions: 1 user
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
Thought Dave was huge yesterday. Played a mighty game.
Actually just about our whole backline was fantastic.
Broad, Houli, Vlastuin & Grimes worked so well as a unit.
Rance may or may not get back but right now they're doing a fine job in his absence & have developed strongly as a group to cover.

Reactions: 6 users

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
Yep. Big test comes against the magpies. If Cox takes him to the cleaners I will spew up.

Its not just Astbury its big V and Broad
They need to interpret his lead towards the ball.
They dont need to block, but they can jump into him at every opportunity.
Scilly proved how *smile* he is at reading the flight of the ball.
We need to stop the bubble kick into forward 50.
That's what he fed off in the preliminary final. Soft high kicks into 30-35 meters of the goal.

Reactions: 1 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Thought Dave was huge yesterday. Played a mighty game.
Actually just about our whole backline was fantastic.
Broad, Houli, Vlastuin & Grimes worked so well as a unit.
Rance may or may not get back but right now they're doing a fine job in his absence & have developed strongly as a group to cover.

Agreed Oldie, DTLD was big yesterday showed his true worth, we cannot replace him.

Our Defence has been pretty good all year they've scrambled and scrapped and fought well all things considered, even in those games where the midfield didn't turn up and we got flogged.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Excellent news.

I think Astbury is our physically strongest player. (Perhaps in the league). Who would mess with Astbury in a show of strength.

Our backline love the fact he takes on the Gorillas, and normally wins. Great list management. Seems also like a leader around the club.

Let’s see how he goes against Dixon.

Dave is a bit of a plodder but he has been good the last couple and is our only genuine key back at the moment.

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Let’s see how he goes against Dixon.

Dave is a bit of a plodder but he has been good the last couple and is our only genuine key back at the moment.

Dixon is a soft arse who pays for free kicks hes another Ben Brown or Lurch Cox, but unlike them puts on a fake tough guy act.

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Dixon is a soft arse who pays for free kicks hes another Ben Brown or Lurch Cox, but unlike them puts on a fake tough guy act.

Interesting, I don't see him as a plastic tough guy. That's more the likes of Tex for me. Dixon likes to hurt. He's been pretty stiff with injuries, when he is fit he's a very important player IMO.

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
The contract extension seems to have revitalised Dave with another fine performance. Coming into his own along with Grimes, Vlastuin and Broad in defence and Rance is now barely missed

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
Dave seems to be revitalised after the contract extension. A very good game today both I defence and running the ball out. He, Grimes, Vlastuin and Broad have made a strong reliable back four where, right now, Rance is barely missed

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Dave is Key down back hes the rock.

Grimes is the General.

Vlas is the Interceptor

Broad is the Negator

Bash is the Runner

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users