Farewell to a long time member | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Farewell to a long time member

mexican_radio

*fix the midfield*
Feb 12, 2005
South of the Border
Good Afternoon Friends

It's my sad duty to let you all know graystar1 passed today. He loved this community and would often email me just to say how thrilled he was to get 10 replies to his latest thread. In case you didn't know, graystar1 was my dad and I will miss him greatly. We had many happy times chatting about the tigers and when he was fit and strong, attending games together. Dad was a very staunch and lifelong tiger supporter. He often recounted to me standing in the rain watching the team play at Punt Road. I''m too upset to say much more. As Dad would say "go well and stay happy" He was 93.

• Sad
  • Love
Reactions: 109 users

tigersnake

Tear 'em apart
Sep 10, 2003
My condolences for your loss Mex. Your old man graystar1 and his old school takes will be missed.

Reactions: 13 users

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Sorry to hear of your and your familes loss.

It sounds like you have some awesome memories of being with your dad, which is a great way to always remember his legacy.

Reactions: 10 users

Tiger Hammer

Tiger Cub
Apr 3, 2014
Good Afternoon Friends

It's my sad duty to let you all know graystar1 passed today. He loved this community and would often email me just to say how thrilled he was to get 10 replies to his latest thread. In case you didn't know, graystar1 was my dad and I will miss him greatly. We had many happy times chatting about the tigers and when he was fit and strong, attending games together. Dad was a very staunch and lifelong tiger supporter. He often recounted to me standing in the rain watching the team play at Punt Road. I''m too upset to say much more. As Dad would say "go well and stay happy" He was 93.
Sorry to hear MR, my condolences.

Reactions: 4 users

larabee

Tiger Champion
Jun 11, 2010
Tigerland
Sorry to hear about the loss of your Dad, MR. graystar1 will be missed around here.
Condolences to you and your family

Reactions: 5 users

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
Sorry for your loss, Mex. Enjoyed your old man's posting and we shared a few movie loves as well. All the best to you and yours. 93. Good knock. Well played, grayman.

Reactions: 10 users

BT Tiger

Staff member
Jun 5, 2005
Warragul
Sad to hear this Mexican Radio and thank you for sharing.

I enjoyed Graystar's contributions to the forum. He'll be missed.

Reactions: 8 users

btoz_01

Tiger Legend
Apr 5, 2004
Sorry for your loss please accept my condolences
Your dad will be missed on PRE

Reactions: 6 users

FitenFitenWin

Listen to the thunder RFC
Jul 30, 2009
Brisbane
Thanks for sharing this news with us. Your dad was a regular whose posts I enjoyed. My heartfelt condolences to you and the whole family.

Reactions: 7 users

Leysy Days

Tiger Legend
Feb 26, 2004
Condolences Mexican. Graystar was a PRE stalwart and will be missed around here. Go Tiges!

Reactions: 9 users

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Graystar1 was a legend. Always respectful in his posting. RIP.

Reactions: 12 users

MD Jazz

Don't understand football? Talk to the hand.
Feb 3, 2017
Condolences mex, sounds like he lived a good life. Tough times losing your dad no matter the circumstances, thoughts are with you and the rest of the family.

Would not have guessed he was 93 from his posting. Vale graystar.

Reactions: 9 users

bairdy380

Beer friend me good...
Dec 9, 2004
Condolences, he was an astute poster and will be missed

Reactions: 5 users

Stackey

Tiger Rookie
Jan 13, 2022
Condolences and may your Father rest in peace.
93 is a very good innings, we should all be so lucky!

Reactions: 4 users

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Condolences mr.
Having lost Dad 3 weeks (to the day) before our Drought Breaker, I can only say remember the good times.
It doesn't get easier (not for me anyway), you sort of learn how to deal with it and move on.
That said there isn't one single day where he doesn't come into my thoughts.

Hopefully your Dad can tell my Dad we are no longer on 10 Premierships.
Best wishes to you and your family.

• Love

Puntrd64

Tiger Superstar
Apr 2, 2005
Sorry to hear about your father MR. I noticed your dad's postings over the years. Many plentiful contributors have ceased over the years without explanation so it is nice for us to know closure. I'm sure as a diehard your dad was delighted with '17 to '20 to round off a full life!