David Astbury, Thank You | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Astbury, Thank You

MB78

I can have my cake and eat it too
Sep 8, 2009
Let’s see how he goes against Dixon.

Dave is a bit of a plodder but he has been good the last couple and is our only genuine key back at the moment.

Did us proud. Is a very good player. And as mentioned is bloody strong.

RoarEmotion

Tiger Legend
Aug 20, 2005
Loved his game today. Swirly conditions clearly suit him. Really good at protecting the right spaces and holding strong.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004
I Take everything back. Absolutely destroyed Dixon yesterday.
Dixon was that scared of Astbury & Grimes he was playing off the back of the square.
Astbury was my best yesterday. While others couldn’t buy a mark, he was plucking them out everywhere.
Pity we didn’t get Roughead. We would’ve had a defence that would’ve guaranteed us a flag.

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Considering he doesn’t have Rance beside him, imho his in career best form , Clunking his marks and then been DTLD

Reactions: 1 user

tigerlove

Tiger Legend
Aug 9, 2014
Dixon was that scared of Astbury & Grimes he was playing off the back of the square.
Astbury was my best yesterday. While others couldn’t buy a mark, he was plucking them out everywhere.
Pity we didn’t get Roughead. We would’ve had a defence that would’ve guaranteed us a flag.

LOL not the Roughhead whine again. The backline has been huge the last few weeks. The team is purring again.

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004

Didn't you want to delist DTLD the other week?

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
While Rance is injured i reckon Dave is close to our most important, and irreplaceable player.
if he was injured we would be in a lot of trouble.

Reactions: 2 users

123cups

Tiger Champion
May 1, 2016
He’s playing with that look in his eyes someone gets when they’re waiting with a bouquet of flowers at the airport arrivals gate.

The wait might soon be over!

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK
I just watched the game again and thought that Dave had yet another stellar performance on Friday night. He Grimes, Broad and Vlastuin are absolute colossus's in defence where we barely miss Rance

Reactions: 3 users

TrialByVideo

HailBGale!
Mar 1, 2015
Interview this arvo...
He's a ripper Dave..... Not hard to work out why the synergy with Alex and Grimesy is so strong... had a funny weekend the boys!

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
thought Dave was good last night. 8 marks, used the ball well.

Reactions: 1 users