David Miller | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

David Miller

michael roach

Tiger Superstar
Oct 6, 2009
Anyone remember this bloke?

I`d never heard of him but I was looking at the scores when we played Collingwood on Anzac Day in 1977 and he kicked 5 goals on debut that day for Richmond,not bad for a 19 year old kid playing his first game in front of nearly 93,000.

Maybe a retrospective Anzac Day medal should be awarded to him?

He only played another 4 games for us for a career total of 5.

bringbakflemmo

Tiger Superstar
Apr 15, 2009
Yep a local South Oakleigh bloke who played at Essex Heights in the Under 17's .
Was a 6 footer, not a big unit just a clever player.
His first game was his best

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
michael roach said:
Anyone remember this bloke?

I`d never heard of him but I was looking at the scores when we played Collingwood on Anzac Day in 1977 and he kicked 5 goals on debut that day for Richmond,not bad for a 19 year old kid playing his first game in front of nearly 93,000.

Maybe a retrospective Anzac Day medal should be awarded to him?

He only played another 4 games for us for a career total of 5.

Yep.

David Miller played a few senior games in about 1977. Came up through Richmond U19s during the mid 70s.
He was about 6-2 and played on a HFF.

I think he went to Oakleigh after the Tiges.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
Just as a rider, I remember a few others of a similar type who were around at the same time - Glenn Dickson & John Einsedel (Prahran), Graham Gaunt and Gary Davidson (Geelong).

Also the Kelly brothers (Rod & Russell), Geoff McMillan & Noel Jenkinson (though they were key backs).

Punxsutawney Phil

Its Groundhog Day- same sh!t, different year
Apr 2, 2007
They had an article on him in the footy record.

Seems injuries ruined a promising career.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Phantom said:
Just as a rider, I remember a few others of a similar type who were around at the same time - Glenn Dickson & John Einsedel (Prahran), Graham Gaunt and Gary Davidson (Geelong).

Also the Kelly brothers (Rod & Russell), Geoff McMillan & Noel Jenkinson (though they were key backs).
Phantom , John Einsiedel actually came from Caulfield when they were in the VFA . His nickname was "Doull " which showed how highly he was rated at that level . Not sure how many games he played for RFC . Just a few I think . Too slow for the VFL as it was then .

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
Sintiger said:
Phantom , John Einsiedel actually came from Caulfield when they were in the VFA . His nickname was "Doull " which showed how highly he was rated at that level . Not sure how many games he played for RFC . Just a few I think . Too slow for the VFL as it was then .

Yes, that's right.

Einsedel was from Caulfield. I think in the time that Tony Jewel was coaching them.

And Dickson went onto Prahran after Richmond.

And Gaunt went onto Melbourne, I think.

Jumpin Jimmy Jess

Tiger Rookie
Aug 30, 2010
This gives me an idea for an interesting thread. if someone had time and a fair bit of knowledge it would be interesting to make the connections between the Tigers and the old VFA. Like who played where before and after the Tigers. Tommy coached Port didn't he?

tigertim

something funny is written here
Mar 6, 2004
Jumpin Jimmy Jess said:
This gives me an idea for an interesting thread. if someone had time and a fair bit of knowledge it would be interesting to make the connections between the Tigers and the old VFA. Like who played where before and after the Tigers. Tommy coached Port didn't he?

Tommy Lahiff did dont think Tommy Hafey did

bigwow

Tiger Legend
Jul 24, 2003
Melbourne
Jumpin Jimmy Jess said:

Tom Hafey coached Shepparton in the Goulburn Valley league before the RFC job.