Deledios brother | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Deledios brother

pahoffm

No one player is bigger than the club.
Mar 24, 2004
thomas the tiger said:
Phantom,

I know Deledio has a brother.  Has he got any talent?

Dont know. I havent come across his brother's name yet. But thanks for the tip off, I'll look out for it now.

jk33

Larry Legend
Apr 21, 2004
Phantom, Lids does have a brother, I think he is about 15 - 16, I will make some enqs and get back to you.

jk33

Larry Legend
Apr 21, 2004
Lids brother plays for Kyabram u16's in the Shepp junior comp. he kicked 2 goals on the weekend in a 5 point win over Echuca. Not sure if he is top or bottom age but will make further enquiries and report back.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
jk33 said:
Lids brother plays for Kyabram u16's in the Shepp junior comp.  he kicked 2 goals on the weekend in a 5 point win over Echuca.  Not sure if he is top or bottom age but will make further enquiries and report back.

OK, being U16s he should be in the system. If you can give me a first name it would help. I'll keep an eye out for him.

jk33

Larry Legend
Apr 21, 2004
Hi phantom, Brett Deledio's brother is Matt Deledio. Only played u 16's last week as Kyabram had the bye, usually plays 3rds for Ky. He is either 15 or 16 and is playing CHF/HFF which is good for a young kid, is about 6'1". Skinny is he has lovely hands and a good mark. Not good on the ground and does not have his brothers pace. Matt played for the u 16's bushrangers team that played a carnival in Bendigo a while back. Word is Matt struggled but so did most of his team-mates. This is from a very keen observer of junior footy in this area whos opinion I highly regard.

This same mate has a son who I would love to chat with you about. The kids name is Ryan Normington, 6'1" CHF with blistering pace and great pack mark. Kicks both feet very well. Currently plays Shepp United 3rds (not 16 until August), played vic Country u16's in perth last year and is the last 40 of this years squad. An interesting aside is that Barry Rowlings saw him last year when he trained at Caufield grammer with the vic squad and offered him a part scholaship. Did'nt work out though. His obvious strengths are is ability in the air and his great pace. One to keep in mind but just a question Phantom.....would a kid like Ryan already be on a club's radar or is it a bit early???

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
jk33 said:
Hi phantom, Brett Deledio's brother is Matt Deledio.  Only played u 16's last week as Kyabram had the bye, usually plays 3rds for Ky.  He is either 15 or 16 and is playing CHF/HFF which is good for a young kid, is about 6'1".  Skinny is he has lovely hands and a good mark.  Not good on the ground and does not have his brothers pace.  Matt played for the u 16's bushrangers team that played a carnival in Bendigo a while back.  Word is Matt struggled but so did most of his team-mates.  This is from a very keen observer of junior footy in this area whos opinion I highly regard. 

This same mate has a son who I would love to chat with you about.  The kids name is Ryan Normington, 6'1" CHF with blistering pace and great pack mark.  Kicks both feet very well.  Currently plays Shepp United 3rds (not 16 until August), played vic Country u16's in perth last year and is the last 40 of this years squad.  An interesting aside is that Barry Rowlings saw him last year when he trained at Caufield grammer with the vic squad and offered him a part scholaship.  Did'nt work out though.  His obvious strengths are is ability in the air and his great pace.  One to keep in mind but just a question Phantom.....would a kid like Ryan already be on a club's radar or is it a bit early???

Well done jk33.

There was a Normington, I believe, who played for North Melbourne quite a few years ago. I wonder if he's related. I'd say he'd probably be noticed as soon as he either comes into the system by either playing in a rep game, or with the Bushies.

With what you've said I would guess Greg Miller may already know about him.

jk33

Larry Legend
Apr 21, 2004
No worries Phantom, you may be thinking of Dallas Normington who played with Melbourne years ago. Dallas is Ryan's uncle and was an assistant at TAC level until this year (or he could still be!!). I will keep you updated on his progress with the Vic squad, maybe on the 12th at Optus Oval? as I definately will be there now.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
jk33 said:
No worries Phantom, you may be thinking of Dallas Normington who played with Melbourne years ago.  Dallas is Ryan's uncle and was an assistant at TAC level until this year (or he could still be!!).  I will keep you updated on his progress with the Vic squad, maybe on the 12th at Optus Oval? as I definately will be there now.

Yes, that was him. Thanks.

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
thomas the tiger said:
Phantom, how many people with the name Deledio do you reckon are running around!!!!!!!

A non-copulating blind antelope. (No f-----g idea.)

and if you not happy with that

A dead non-copulating blind antelope. (Still no f-----g idea.)

Maybe you might give me a clue. (This last post has been tongue in cheek. ;) )

pahoffm

Mar 24, 2004
Phantom said:
jk33 said:
No worries Phantom, you may be thinking of Dallas Normington who played with Melbourne years ago.  Dallas is Ryan's uncle and was an assistant at TAC level until this year (or he could still be!!).  I will keep you updated on his progress with the Vic squad, maybe on the 12th at Optus Oval? as I definately will be there now.

Hi jk33,

Spoke to Greg Miller about Normington. He shared similar thoughts, in that there's really not much you can do prior to him coming into the Murray Bushrangers. There's no way to hide players, or develop them secretly. Basically if he's good enough he'll make it through to the Bushrangers, then the world gets to see him. And if he's good enough still, then he goes into that grand lottery called the National Draft.

And that really goes for any young teenager.

jk33

Larry Legend
Apr 21, 2004
Phantom said:
Phantom said:
jk33 said:
No worries Phantom, you may be thinking of Dallas Normington who played with Melbourne years ago. Dallas is Ryan's uncle and was an assistant at TAC level until this year (or he could still be!!). I will keep you updated on his progress with the Vic squad, maybe on the 12th at Optus Oval? as I definately will be there now.

Hi jk33,

Spoke to Greg Miller about Normington. He shared similar thoughts, in that there's really not much you can do prior to him coming into the Murray Bushrangers. There's no way to hide players, or develop them secretly. Basically if he's good enough he'll make it through to the Bushrangers, then the world gets to see him. And if he's good enough still, then he goes into that grand lottery called the National Draft.

And that really goes for any young teenager.

Thanks for that Phatom, as i said I will keep you posted on Ryan's progress.