Demons | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Demons

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
While we have the wood over them in recent seasons, they did give us a touch up in the Wizz Fizz Cup.

Whilst I am confident of a strong showing, I think this will be a harder match than many of us think.

Port Power are flat track bullies, so I wasn't to surprised to see them get beaten by the Dees in Melbourne.

Once I know who is coming back in will I be more or less confident.

Richo must be close as would Campbell. They may rest both as they had history of hammy/calf injuries.

But if the club is conservative, the only player to come in would be Dunc to replace Nicholls.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
This game will be almost be as much a test as last week was. As rosy said in another post we will be favourites this week for about the first time this year and in the past these have been the games we have dropped. The Demons winning on the weekend against Port should be a sign to the boys to not take them lightly. Given that, we should win especially as they'll be without White, Johnstone, Brown and Whelan. I wouldn't take any notice of Wizard cup form. We were underdone in our preparation at that time.

PMac

This sure beats workin'
Dec 17, 2002
Sydney
By any measure I can think of we should win this game, however, it will be a test of our mental strength. The tiges havent been good at winning games we should win and so I'll still be worried.

Dean3

Older than I've ever been
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Logic suggests that if we come to play, we should win this game comfortably. Our midfield SHOULD dominate this game, given Melbourne's injuries (White and Johnstone especially), and provide us with more inside 50s and scoring opportunities. It'll just be a matter of conversion.

Gas should take care of Neitz if our midfield if applying enough pressure - Robertson is the danger man in my book - could do anything and is a difficult match-up with his spring.

TigerFury

Eloquent Feral
Dec 19, 2002
Belgrave
We will also be better served by bottling the game up like we did against the Bombers. Melbourne's midfield is only effective once it is given room to run and their are precious few players on their list who have the minerals to get in and get the hard ball.

Deny them time and space, smash them in tight and cut them apart on the break.

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
One fear I have on the Dees is if we try and take them on in a free flowing running contest. They have some very good runners who can deliver the ball.

As Tigerfury wrote, deny them time and space, smash them in the contests and hurt them on the rebound.

I don't like calling teams soft, but the Melbourne Netball Club haven't exactly caused any opposition to fear any heavy contact so far. Give it to them in the clinches.

Byron Picketts big hits were not what the PP needed. In close is where they don't like it.

That said, I would put Newman on Robertson for first crack and Chaff as backup. Maybe Hilton as a third option. Put D Kellaway straight onto Leoncelli in a pure stopping role, and Bowden to go against Uze.

Tivendale should be able to run amok and they will be busy trying to quell Cogs and Johnson and even Campbell if comes back in.

It will be a close match but I think we have enough ammo to get over them.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Interesting stat so far - every game we have lost so far has been at night (including wiz cup), and every game we have won has been during the day. I hope this is not an omen as it is a sat night game.

Seeing that Coughlan has been so important in our wins so far, I've noticed that Coghlan seems to be a bit off his game in night games. I noticed this last year and during the early games this year. I know its too early in his carreer to be making assumptions as it could be just a coincidence. I wonder if he wears contacts and whether the night games are giving him difficulties getting his eye in.

Fireman_Sam

A 'non-sexual' example of the 69 position
Feb 26, 2003
Wales
Posted by: Harry Seeing that Coughlan has been so important in our wins so far, I've noticed that Coghlan seems to be a bit off his game in night games. I noticed this last year and during the early games this year. I know its too early in his carreer to be making assumptions as it could be just a coincidence. I wonder if he wears contacts and whether the night games are giving him difficulties getting his eye in ..

Go back and watch his 2002 performance against Essendon, I think round 16/17 - pretty impressive I would've thought.. Was also our best in the round 15 loss to the Pies.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Just watched "Dee TV" on fox footy - what a pathetic bunch of gaylord yuppies! Players, fans and staff at that shambles club seem pretty confident of a victory this Sat. night - will soon find out I suppose.

Here's hoping that Harry's investigation goes to the shitter and a little prediction - watch out for a Rodan/Yze match up with Rodan destroying the crater-face.

Expect a good, tough game from Ty - thought he played his first good game this season against the bummers.

Big game Tiges, if our mental state is right, should get over the slappers this week.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Fireman_Sam said:
Posted by: Harry Seeing that Coughlan has been so important in our wins so far, I've noticed that Coghlan seems to be a bit off his game in night games. I noticed this last year and during the early games this year. I know its too early in his carreer to be making assumptions as it could be just a coincidence. I wonder if he wears contacts and whether the night games are giving him difficulties getting his eye in ..

Go back and watch his 2002 performance against Essendon, I think round 16/17 - pretty impressive I would've thought.. Was also our best in the round 15 loss to the Pies.

Also won a Rising Star nomination against Carlton in Round 14 and did ok against Hawthorn in Round 20, both night games.