Did we just play our Grand Final or do we have one more big game in us? | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Did we just play our Grand Final or do we have one more big game in us?

OldTiger1967

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 3, 2017
After that bruising gut wrenching Preliminary Final have we left ourselves low on physical and mental toughness to play in a tough grueling Grand Final?

Can our conditioners get the players up for one last big game in 2019?

Carn the Tigers, you can do this. Take a leaf out of Jack Graham's book. Mental toughness and big hearts win the big games.......

Reactions: 1 user
After that bruising gut wrenching Preliminary Final have we left ourselves low on physical and mental toughness to play in a tough grueling Grand Final?

Can our conditioners get the players up for one last big game in 2019?

Carn the Tigers, you can do this. Take a leaf out of Jack Graham's book. Mental toughness and big hearts win the big games.......

Jack Graham should be an inspiration for this year's premiership.
I do reckon, '67, that the Tigers can win this flag.
Also think the preliminary final blew a few cobwebs out of the system and reminded the players of what's at stake.
They will be quietly resolute and confident about bringing home the silverware.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey, '67, don't spend the week fretting okay.
The Tigers can and will do this.
Believe.

Reactions: 4 users
Our best is next week.
Don’t think Jack will put two ordinary games together.
Martin is prime for a massive game

Reactions: 3 users
I think we had a lot of players down last night...and we still won. We are a real chance.

just remember that whoever wins between GWS and the Pies will probably be even more battered.

Oh, we’re on.

Last night was the nerves.

Next Saturday is the gravy.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey, '67, don't spend the week fretting okay.
The Tigers can and will do this.
Believe.
I feel you are my conscience or my father talking to me from the grave. Either way, love ya work BT.

My 16yo son and I are Rioli Club Members so we have guaranteed tickets to the game on Saturday. Just booked bus down on Friday and flight home on Sunday. Organised dinner with my 2nd son on Friday night in Lygon Street (love seeing my 2 sons together).

A Tiger Premiership would make for a perfect weekend.

Reactions: 7 users
I feel you are my conscience or my father talking to me from the grave. Either way, love ya work BT.

My 16yo son and I are Rioli Club Members so we have guaranteed tickets to the game on Saturday. Just booked bus down on Friday and flight home on Sunday. Organised dinner with my 2nd son on Friday night in Lygon Street (love seeing my 2 sons together).

A Tiger Premiership would make for a perfect weekend.

No worries, '67. We old buggers know a thing about the misery of losing and the sweetness of victory.
I just really enjoy the experience of being a believer because it is so much more fun. Bachar Houli's joyous post-game interview on the ground just highlights this ethos and what Dimma and the players have instilled within the playing group.

Sounds like you're going to have a ripper of a weekend.
Enjoy every moment with your boys.
Go Tigers

That was the perfect result for us - tough grind... got the slow start out of the way.. played our worst football for a long time in that first half... relatively quiet games from Jack, Cotch, Lambert, Vlastuin, Nankervis etc and still got the chocolates.

I feel like the handbrake may well and truly be released next week.

Agree we will get so much out that game and was great preparation for us.

Remember we haven’t put a four quarter effort in yet - neither has Jack or Lynch or Dusty all fired in the one game.

I don’t think we can play much tougher than we did in that second half, but we can lift our ball usage.

Ready and waiting

That was the perfect result for us - tough grind... got the slow start out of the way.. played our worst football for a long time in that first half... relatively quiet games from Jack, Cotch, Lambert, Vlastuin, Nankervis etc and still got the chocolates.

I feel like the handbrake may well and truly be released next week.

Yep, blew out some cobwebs last night.
Great to think that the Tigers won with a number of players having limited influence.
Just love the way this team combines together and supports one another through any adversity chucked at it.
Now the players can relax a little and prepare for the Big Dance knowing that if they stick to the Richmond process they will win.

Yep, blew out some cobwebs last night.
Great to think that the Tigers won with a number of players having limited influence.
Just love the way this team combines together and supports one another through any adversity chucked at it.
Now the players can relax a little and prepare for the Big Dance knowing that if they stick to the Richmond process they will win.

Yep I've got to think the 2nd week off in a month didn't do us any favours. We should be better next week.

100% agree, there is a massive chance to win it, regardless of the opponent, The boys played 3 qtrs and won, they will fire up and play 4 huge qtrs. next week.

the last time we were in this position having won the previous 11 games was in 1972.Went into the game as hot favourites.That history we do not want to be repeated this time.

Thought it was a great game to win to prep us for the grand final.
A easy win would not help us much.
Grind out a win like that gets us ready for the big game.
We know what to do. Now we just need to do it

Reactions: 3 users
Thought it was a great game to win to prep us for the grand final.
A easy win would not help us much.
Grind out a win like that gets us ready for the big game.
We know what to do. Now we just need to do it

Agree and we have now had our 4 last games as all pressure games against top 4 sides (at the time) - we have been slow out of the blocks in 3 of those (eagles, lions and cats) and worked our way back into the game and one game against the lions where we blitzed it early and then withstood their fight back.

In the end none of the games seemed close in the end and we were comfortable winners. No one forward has dominated all these games with Jack, Lynch and Dusty each having a day out (Rioli also I think) which makes us such a hard team to defend against.

I would love a fast start this time but expect more of the same to be honest.

Perfect preparation now we just have to turn up and play to expectations - anything lease will make it hard.

the last time we were in this position having won the previous 11 games was in 1972.Went into the game as hot favourites.That history we do not want to be repeated this time.

I was at the G that day and it certainly proved to be a miserable day, but this year is going to be massively different.

i didn't think the Prelim was anything like a GF and we won it with juice left in the tank ..
The Tiges are a mentally prepared football club, and that's worth noting this week ..