Dimma | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dimma

leon

Tiger Legend
Apr 6, 2014
Congrats Dimma. Strong leadership over a very challenging period and demonstrated willingness to self-review critically and change accordingly. Sterling support from the club also vindicated.

Reactions: 1 user

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
This bloke doesn’t get anywhere near the credit he deserves, hes been one of the very most important Cogs in rebuilding this powerhouse , who now has no peers .

btw just read Blightys lips when he handed Dimma his medal “ did I ever tell you about the 95 metre goal I kicked after the siren?”

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users

Mantikorr

Tiger Matchwinner
Apr 26, 2006
This bloke doesn’t get anywhere near the credit he deserves, hes been one of the very most important Cogs in rebuilding this powerhouse , who now has no peers .
Still so underrated. How has he only won Coach of the Year once? There's nothing fake about this guy. The players genuinely love the bloke and will play to within an inch of their life for him. And then more.

Reactions: 1 users

Mr Brightside

Tiger Legend
Jul 1, 2005
Wang
Still so underrated. How has he only won Coach of the Year once? There's nothing fake about this guy. The players genuinely love the bloke and will play to within an inch of their life for him. And then more.
Yep and in an ego driven game was man enough to admit he had to change , that’s huge , if he did this elsewhere he’d get a lot more accolades .

When Clarkson hadn’t won coach of the year it’s a joke anyway Mate imho

dmc

Kick it long and direct!
Feb 5, 2004
Ohio, USA
He’s become a much better match day coach as well. I think this year he added some strings to his bow in that area.

Reactions: 3 users

waiting

Tiger Legend
Apr 15, 2007
Victoria

btw just read Blightys lips when he handed Dimma his medal “ did I ever tell you about the 95 metre goal I kicked after the siren?”
You can see why ...

The players love him.
He loves his players.
His love for the club.
Club loves him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Just give the entire staff and team statues, why muck about

• Haha

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Dimma said to the guys on On The Couch, that he has told Benny that he is going to have a longer break during the off season to freshen up.

Leppa is having a break from the game, an indication of how challenging things have been for him and his family.

All the players, coaches and staff have done an amazing job to keep things together on and off the field during these very trying times, thank you all very much.

My respect and admiration for Dimma and his family could not be any higher. Leaving his wife and children at home in Melbourne must've been very stressful for them.

Have a good break Dimma, and from the bottom of my heart, a big thank you to you and your family for what you have done for the RFC over the years.

• Love
Reactions: 20 users

Baloo

Delisted Free Agent
Nov 8, 2005
He’s become a much better match day coach as well. I think this year he added some strings to his bow in that area.

That's more a sign of Blake leaving and leaving the match day to Beavis.

Beavis was always a better tactician than the exhaulted Caracella.

TheCan

Tiger Superstar
Jul 17, 2011
We are really sticking it up to Essendon now, given that interview and the sheedy history

Punt n Brunton

Tiger Purist
Sep 17, 2003
Has achieved more for the Tigers than anyone could have hoped for. He can go part time from here for all I care, we are forever indebted to he, Benny and Peggy. Given how tough the coaching gig is, he can't go on forever, so maybe we need to appoint the annointed apprentice to take over from the master at some stage in the next 4 years? Maybe they're setting McRae free to return at some point in the future when the time is right?

Thank you Dimma, enjoy your well deserved break.

Reactions: 2 users

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
Has achieved more for the Tigers than anyone could have hoped for. He can go part time from here for all I care, we are forever indebted to he, Benny and Peggy. Given how tough the coaching gig is, he can't go on forever, so maybe we need to appoint the annointed apprentice to take over from the master at some stage in the next 4 years? Maybe they're setting McRae free to return at some point in the future when the time is right?

Thank you Dimma, enjoy your well deserved break.
Well said, McRae going to finishing school, so to speak, would be a good option.

I don't know whether I'm reading too much into things, but at the end of his chat to the guys on On the Couch last night, Dimma said "hopefully I'll see you next year".................

Last edited:

DavidSSS

Tiger Legend
Dec 11, 2017
Melbourne
Well said, McRae going to finishing school, so to speak, would be a good option.

I don't know whether I'm reading too much into things, but at the end of his chat to the guys on On the Couch last night, Dimma said "hopefully I'll see you next year".................

Maybe they are going to employ people who aren't flogs at On The Couch?

DS

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Timmy99

Tiger Matchwinner
Jan 7, 2006
Canberra

He was referring to hopefully joining them on the last show again year after winning another premiership.

Reactions: 3 users