Disposal Efficiency doesn't measure anything useful | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Disposal Efficiency doesn't measure anything useful

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
If say Jayden Short marks at CHB on the arc and with his first disposal turns around and drives the ball the wrong way into the eyes of the lone opposition FF in the goalsquare Short has 100% disposal efficiency.

*Oh, sure but that's just an imaginary example.*

Tonight one of the halfwits mentioned the "classy" disposal of Riley Bonner. I think he's improving but from a very low base. As for "classy" disposal that is taking the smilen urea. Are they readin his DE%

In R3 Ess v StK Riley Bonner had 127 AFL Pts. 32 touches. 5 CP of which 4 were GBG. (He's receiving in space. Nobody mans him up because he bungles.) He had 6 SI. Good from HB. Not to say he wasn't terrible.

Riley Bonner's DE was 65.6%. He was largely diabolical. The magnitude of his uselessness, if not the humour, is best measured in his 17 turnovers. 32 touches for 17 turnovers. Lulz that.

I know I'm preaching to the choir but FMD. DE, yeah, nah.

Reactions: 7 users
Feb 7, 2016
Bonner is not a + player.

He’s a liability defensively and rarely does anything to contribute to his teams attack. Majority of his possessions are sideways or long down the line. He’s the sort of player you can pick up from anywhere and are a dime a dozen. Which highlights what a waste of a pick Andrew McGrath was at #1. Not saying he’s a bad player, but they’ve wasted a number one draft pick on a slightly better version of John Noble.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users

Dyer'ere

Licensed to kazoo
Sep 21, 2004
Bonner is not a + player.

He’s a liability defensively and rarely does anything to contribute to his teams attack. Majority of his possessions are sideways or long down the line. He’s the sort of player you can pick up from anywhere and are a dime a dozen. Which highlights what a waste of a pick Andrew McGrath was at #1. Not saying he’s a bad player, but they’ve wasted a number one draft pick on a slightly better version of John Noble.
Concise and accurate post, STM.

BTW McGrath had 10 turnovers from 30 in that game IIRC.

Reactions: 1 users