Don't change a thing: Cambo (AFL website) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Don't change a thing: Cambo (AFL website)

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
Don't change a thing: Cambo
3:26:44 PM Thu 26 June, 2003
Jack Perkin and Matt Burgan
afl.com.au
Related Content:

Wayne Campbell speaks to afl.com.au

Richmond captain Wayne Campbell believes Australian football should not be tampered with and the rules should be left alone, otherwise the sport is in danger of losing what he loves about it.

Speaking exclusively to afl.com.au, Campbell said there was no reason to alter the rules and sanitise the game, whenever an issue arose in AFL football.

“Keep the rules the same for a start. We have the greatest game in the world,” Campbell said.

“I also like soccer. I think it’s a great game and I like rugby union but I think it’s got nothing on footy. So why would we continually want to change it?

“The talk of changing flooding is pointless. We haven’t heard of flooding for six months now.

“I think they need to keep the physical clashes in the game. I think they have been legislated out of the game and that’s what makes Aussie rules footy unique – the clashes and things like that.

“The melee rule’s a joke. No one gets hurt. The crowd loves it, the players love it. The only people who don’t like it are the people that give out the fine. People say its ugly but I don’t think that’s the case. Everyone seems to think it’s great so why change it?”

Meanwhile, Campbell also said in the interview that he supported and backed his coach Danny Frawley.

“He’s got another two years on his contract. I think so he’ll be fine. I wouldn’t think anything would happen to him,” Campbell said.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
The rules are fine. Change the umpires who don't know them - one Bryan Sheehan :p. Cannot remember the last time Richmond won a game with him umpiring.

I heard it mentioned somewhere else that the umpires have admitted they have been policing the grabbing the ball out of ruck rule wrongly the last few weeks. Gee thanks. That rule cost us the Roos game in the last 2 minutes when Stafford was pinned at the centre bounce :-\.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Frawley has another 2 years...no he doesn't my freind in fact he will be lucky to see out the 1 he has left

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Here here Laffs. You posts are very refreshing, informative and consice.

Warning Wayne. Not only did Real Madrid sack their coach, they sacked their 30 year old captain. I'd be looking over my shoulder if I was you.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
diggler said:
Warning Wayne. Not only did Real Madrid sack their coach, they sacked their 30 year old captain. I'd be looking over my shoulder if I was you.

Getting rid of Campbell would be the best thing we could do and something that we should have done a long while ago. Its his fault that we have been finishing ninth the last ten years. If he wasn't there we would have had about 3 wooden spoons and we could have had the best players in the draft every year and we could have rebuilded to something.

By being twice as good as the next player at the club he has kept us in limbo where we have no hope of improving and no chance of fully degenerating.

As it says in the good book:
"I tell you the truth, unless a kernell of wheat falls to the ground and dies, it remains only a single seed, but if it dies it produces many seeds".

John 12:24

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Campbell has hardly been their worst player over the years but has far from set the world on fire..........well done to Dragacevic but surely this will be the end he has the next 10 games to prove his knees are up to it and then should be cut...he was an average player before his knees went in my opinion

Tigerblood

Tiger Matchwinner
Dec 18, 2002
You are quite right JohnF. Richmond has been held back by Campbell. The last thing we need is another midfielder who will consistently get the ball 30 times. He is getting in the way of others who could have taken those possessions. I also have it on good authority that Campbell overtrains. This can only set a poor example for younger players who may lose interest in football by spending too much time getting fit.

A Real Madrid fan on this site was spot-on when he identified Coughlan as a dud last year while he was still Coburg regular. Frawley got it wrong by promoting him and surely his days must be numbered.

P

PuntRoadRoar

I think there's a few people at PRE that need to consider their future, they are simply lacking in logic and have totally lost it. ;D

Why dont we also get rid of Johnson,Newman,KrakA, Ottens and Stafford and go back 15-16 years to 1987-1988 while your at it? *now that was a great time in our history*

Carn the Tigers !!!!!!!

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
As much as I rate Campbell he is not and has never been a gun. He's been our best player for a while now which says more about our list than anything else.

zacs56

Watch out, the Tigers are coming to get you!
Mar 31, 2003
PuntRoadRoar said:
Why dont we also get rid of Johnson,Newman,KrakA, Ottens and Stafford and go back 15-16 years to 1987-1988 while your at it? *now that was a great time in our history*

Carn the Tigers !!!!!!!
If you wont to play with the big boys you have to start to think like them first. Half our playing list would not get a run as a orange boy,on the top six sides list for a start.Of our last ten delisted or traded players only one can get a game with their new club.But we welcome other average club rejects with open arms.We can only go forward for the last 20 years we have been going backwards. P.S. Spud digger was only a assistant to a very average coach and we all know what they did to play in the finals. they got rid of the duds. ;D ;D

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
Laff said:
Frawley has another 2 years...no he doesn't my freind in fact he will be lucky to see out the 1 he has left
Jeez i hope your right laff we will be down the gurgler with another 2 years of super DUD
But i think dragacevic can be real good for us it takes time after a knee reconstruction. :)