Don't forget to vote | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Don't forget to vote

DC8

Eat 'em alive
Nov 21, 2003
Just a reminder to all the PREnders that voting for the Board closes this Friday. So make sure you vote. As I've said on other posts, it doesn't matter if you are voting for change or if you want to vote for the three current Board members, just MAKE SURE YOU VOTE.

We, the members, own our Club, and if we don't take an active interest in its future - who will?

A low vote, irrespective of the outcome sends a message that we don't care. I, for one, do care - as I know does every other Richmond supporter who takes the time to post on PRE and share their experiences, joys and frustrations with fellow Tigers.

We have to make sure that the current administration of the Club understands that we are prepared to exercise our rights as members. To simply not bother to vote just smacks of the acceptance of mediocracy that so many claim has been the hallmark of Richmond for far too long (in my humble opinion).

I have really struggled with my decision on who to vote for - trying to weigh up what is (IMHO) in the best interests of the Club. And I apologise upfront for being coy, but I also don't feel that I can share my vote with other members for the simple reason that I have some old fashioned values about exercising our democartic rights freely and in the confidence that we can do so without recrimination, by dent of the fact that we do so anonymously.

Geez, this is getting heavy :(. But I think our Club is at a crossroads and the path we take now could determine our future, not just in the short term, but for many, many years to come.

Here endeth the lesson ::) and may we spank Collingwood by a meagre ten goals in the opening round ;D

Roar34

I wuv the Tiggers
Aug 10, 2003
Castlemaine
Good post, DC.

Don't apologise for being coy. It's quite alright to keep your choices to yourself

I was disappointed that you kept your prediction to only 10 goals but, I suppose, any time we beat the Black'n'Whites is cause for a celebration.

Go Tiges!

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
AND ALSO REMEMBER PEOPLE..... YOUR VOTE CAN BE FAXED IN (as per instructions in voting pack) ;)

IT IS NOT TOO LATE TO MAKE YOUR VOTE COUNT!!

sabretooth

I don't sleep for a week when we get beat - JD
Dec 9, 2003
Yes, listen to Tigerdog, it's not too late.

We owe it, as members, to cast a vote.

This is a call to all the Digglers of the world, to have your say and shape the Club!

No sense screaming afterwards about ... - well, all the things that the Doom Squad screams about throughout the year. Even if it's only to give the rest of us a break from all your negative posts.

Now's your chance to do a positive act! Vote!!!