Draft prospects 2019 | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Draft prospects 2019

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Are we looking for the next Stack or Pickett?

Being reported today in WA that we have been speaking to Rhai-arn Cox.

Dropped from the WA U/18 squad this year by Peter Sumich for disciplinary reasons. Sound familiar? Actually walked away from WAFL for a spell this year but came back super focussed.

Small forward with a great goal radar and great marking hands. Has been compared to Liam Ryan.
Rhai-arn? Isn't she that tasty Jamaican singer with the serious chassis? :))

Just about guarantee that 17 other clubs will be swarming all over this kids arse to ensure there's not a chance in hell of us resurrecting another talented problem child for free.

Reactions: 1 user

jokershoppe

Tiger Champion
Feb 17, 2008
Interesting young player this kid
What's his name
Hans on Cox,hope we get him ,talent onlone sounds good.

Mantikorr

Tiger Superstar
Apr 26, 2006
Targeting this type of player could be the benefit of having those 3 picks close together at the end of 2nd rnd. We're in a position to take a chance on someone with our fourth pick before some other clubs have taken even their second or third pick

Reactions: 2 users

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
Rhai-arn? Isn't she that tasty Jamaican singer with the serious chassis? :))

Just about guarantee that 17 other clubs will be swarming all over this kids arse to ensure there's not a chance in hell of us resurrecting another talented problem child for free.

He will likely end up being a wasted talent at most clubs.

On face value and his back story this kid needs the RFC and needs Marlon and Stackie and Dan and Sheds, Shai and Dekka and X man

Bring him over......if hes as good as Suma says (sounds familiar) . Ther RFC is fast becoming "THE" destination for the aboriginal lads.

Its delicious knowing this club officially has the ability to "wave the magic wand" over these kids and get them on the right path and realising their potential and talent. The flow on effect for them after footy and in their communities is also huge.

Playing at the G with Jackmond, Dusty, Cotchy, Sheds, Rance and the rest of the aboriginal boys sells itself these days.

• Love

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
For those in the know I notice there is a tall forward Fischer McAsey mentioned around the top 10. Is there a chance that someone like that could drop given the concentration these days on quick fix mids rather than the slow burn KPPs?

I have no idea if he is any good of course !

eZyT

Tiger Legend
Jun 28, 2019
We've done pretty good working the Larke Medallists vein.

would Devon Robertson be around our pick and would he suit?

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019
For those in the know I notice there is a tall forward Fischer McAsey mentioned around the top 10. Is there a chance that someone like that could drop given the concentration these days on quick fix mids rather than the slow burn KPPs?

I have no idea if he is any good of course !

Best KPD in the pool.
Hands like Stewie Lowe.
Won’t drop to ours. We need to trade down to get him

• Sad

footballmonk

Tiger Matchwinner
Oct 7, 2008
Thanks. Is there another tall who could be in our range?
There’s talk of Will Gould sliding after he performed poorly in the combine.
Josh Worrell could be a good get.
Sam De Koning and Harrison Jones both have potential and should be there at our pick, but might be considered a bit of a reach.

spook

Kick the f*ckin' goal
Jun 18, 2007
Melbourne
De Koning is around the mark at our pick. Raw but has a bit, brother coming on nicely at Cartoon.

I like Worrell but suspect he goes before our pick.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007

20. Richmond: Cooper Stephens (VIC)
Height, Weight:
188cm/83kg
Profile: Strong ball-winning midfielder who distributes effectively by hand and bursts out of stoppages at speed. Has not played since round three due to a fractured fibula.

Reactions: 1 users

mad_tiggy911

Tiger Legend
Mar 30, 2009

Height, Weight:
188cm/83kg
Profile: Strong ball-winning midfielder who distributes effectively by hand and bursts out of stoppages at speed. Has not played since round three due to a fractured fibula.

Likely Geelol will snap him up before us.

• Sad

Don’t Argue

Tiger Superstar
Jun 22, 2019

Height, Weight:
188cm/83kg

He’d be my pick based on others going before our current pick 19.
Gould at 192cm and 106kg would need to drop 10kg. Maybe he can give it to DeKoning

tigerjoe12

Tiger Superstar
Aug 24, 2006
Gould at 192cm and 106kg would need to drop 10kg. Maybe he can give it to DeKoning

Not dramatically dissimilar to the knock on Pavlich in his draft year, possibly why we didn’t draft him.

To be fair Pavlich was taller, faster & I think had played midfield also. Basically had a lot more upside...

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013

I'm not a fan of taking mid sized defenders in the top 30. They just don't seem to work out well. Its a funny range that 190-192cm types that don't play mid. Not tall enough for key position, not quick enough in most cases and don't win enough ball in other cases.

TigerPort

Tiger Champion
Jun 29, 2006
NSW
I'm not a fan of taking mid sized defenders in the top 30. They just don't seem to work out well. Its a funny range that 190-192cm types that don't play mid. Not tall enough for key position, not quick enough in most cases and don't win enough ball in other cases.

Still reckon the idea is that you take midfielders and the ones that don't quite make your midfield get to be flankers and pockets

mrposhman

Tiger Legend
Oct 6, 2013
Still reckon the idea is that you take midfielders and the ones that don't quite make your midfield get to be flankers and pockets

Agree mids and Key positions in the top 30. You can draft Broady types later in the draft who do the job perfectly well.