Dumb Coaching at Coburg | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dumb Coaching at Coburg

crackertiger

Swan street 2017
Jan 4, 2003
melbourne
Anybody who saw yesterdays Coburg game would agree that Spargo did some ordinary Coaching yesterday.

We clearly had a more skillfull side and should have won by at least 6 goals.

But much like Richmond, there was no team plan and a seriously over crowed forward line. We just could not kick goals.

Instead of spargo calling for his players to move out of the forward line, he sent his runner out to call them back to the square.

During the third quartar when we had the wind he delibrately called his players from CHF back to FF.

What happens? every time we came forward, it either got marked across half forward by a loose NB player, or when it did make it into the forward line it was far too crowed to score.

Much like Frawley, Spargo is a hack coach who is better suited to B grade football.

Has no idea!

baktiger

Tex Walker....
Dec 17, 2002
Coburg, Melbourne
Some of this years coaching 'decisions' really have
puzzled a lot of people. I'm left wondering if some
of the moves are driven by a need to 'try' Richmond
players out at various things, rather than what is
best during that particular game. A case in point:
Against Williamstown, Dutchy had held Mark Richardson
very well for two quarters - then they put Schulz on