Duncan back in business | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Duncan back in business

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Duncan back in business
Tony Greenberg
richmondfc.com.au
18 March, 2003

There was some very good news for Richmond on the injury front last weekend . . .

The man dubbed 'The Human Phar Lap', Duncan Kellaway, played his first pre-season game for the year when he lined up for Richmond's VFL team, the Coburg Tigers, in a trial against Springvale at Moorabbin last Saturday.

Kellaway, who turned 30 last month, has had an interrupted pre-season due to hamstring trouble.

But his first-up performance for 2003 put a smile on the face of the Tigers -- particularly in the wake of Brad Ottens' back injury, which will keep the big man star out of action until about Round 10.

"It was a pleasing result because we weren't sure how much game time Duncan was going to have," said Coburg Tigers coach and Richmond assistant coach Paul Spargo.

"He got through pretty well unscatched and he played about three and a half quarters of solid footy. He started off slowly, but he found his feet halfway through the first quarter and from then on, he got progressively better. He ended up kicking a couple of goals and getting about 20 possessions, which was really good."

The plan now is for Kellaway to get another three or four quarters of football under his belt with the Coburg Tigers, in their practice match against the Box Hill Hawks on Friday.

Kellaway, a favorite among the Tiger faithful, played 14 games last season to bring his overall tally to 172 since making his debut with Richmond in 1993.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
No wonder Greenberg cant get a job with the mainstream press writing crap like this ;D
Most tiger supporters wish he played for Coburg for bloody good.

A

admin

"Kellaway, a favorite among the Tiger faithful.......

.....Which tiger faithful would that be?

Oh well, if noone else is going to put their hand up I guess I could force myself to. ;D

Go you human PharLap...even on one leg you'll beat Buckley by the length of the straight.

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Go Dunc prove these doubters wrong!
I have never seen Dunc shirk an issue on the field he gives his all for the Tigers every time.Sure he has some skill deficiences but he makes up for that with the way he attacks the footy for the Tigers.If every player on the list played with his passion and hardness I am sure we wouldn't have been so starved of success for so many years!
May you have an injury free run Dunc and keep putting your body on the line for The RICHMOND Tigers 8)

froars

"Famous last words - I'll be good"
Dec 17, 2002
Melbourne
Love the comparison with Pharlap - outta 10:

Big heart (Pharlap 10 - Dunc 10)
Endurance (Pharlap 10 - Dunc 10)
Kicking (Pharlap 10 - Dunc 0) :)

Rodan#18

Fijian thunderbolt
Jan 19, 2003
as a matter of fact Duncan kellaway must have worked hard on his kicking becuase quite often in the 'run home' last year I thought ...Geez that was a super pass by the glove. maybe he's turned things around. Off the topic a bit but clinton king got a few on target as well during the melb wiz fiz.

But of course they should - because they get wages most people just dream about ...paid to play 'football'

FOOTball.

Khan

Lets Roar in 2004
Dec 17, 2002
Tigerland
Make that two Rosy

I still remember duncs first game against Hawthorn in the Ansett Cup in 1993

At least he tries the whole game out and has a number of big name scalps on his belt. I bet Figjam is'nt all that comforatbale if he is in form

Lets Roar

Khan