Duncan Kellaway | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Duncan Kellaway

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
I'll be brief on KPettifer - disgraceful, insipid, GONE.
Ditto - Houlihoop.

On Duncan - I hate to see players who I have had the greatest amount of respect for stuggling to keep up with the game. That happened today and has happened the last few weeks. As I said once before Duncan deserves to remembered as the champion of the RFC he is - not as some bloke that we think "you've gone 1 year to many".

I think you're a champ Duncan but as DF said originally - for us to go forward....it is time

sgloury

Tiger Superstar
Aug 9, 2003
Melbourne
Yeah Duncan is certainly nearing the end of his career and injuries have slowed him down. However you know that he is prepared to have a go and he puts his body on the line. More than you can say for some of the other players on our list.

I would certainly be delisting other players ahead of him. Could be worth one more year after assessing how he goes pre- season. I would also prefer to see him play more as a back pocket type player these days than a tagger.

Chris Newman is now probably our best tagger and should be given that role.

Omarkum

Tiger Matchwinner
Jun 19, 2003
Duncan Kellaway is not only courageous and a true lover of Richmond but is intelligent , respectful and VERY honest. He will only play on if he thinks he can overcome his disabilities. If he believes that he can get match fit through the pre season , then that will be good enough for me.

We want to get kids but Duncs departure wont help with that, but his tutelage of eager youngsters would be invaluable. If he believes he has something worthwhile to offer , then we need him.

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
If you think Duncan can teach an up and coming footballer Omarkum, your as deluded as the people that are running the club!
Like Richo, Frawley, Cambo, Rodgers and co, Dunc is a 10 year loser. These guys can teach youngsters one thing: complete and utter mediocrity will get you a great wage for 10 years at the expense of RFC.
These duds have to go.

Bulluss

Go the Mighty Tigers
Aug 11, 2003
Melbourne
Get of Duncans back and give the poor bastard a break.

I agree that he didnt have a great game yesterday, but he has very little match fitness and would be far below his best at this stage. He has one more year to run on his contract and fully deserves the chance to go around again if he wants to.

He has shown great loyalty to the RFC over his time and LETS NO FORGET THIS when Gaspar and Holland were both out of contract Ducan was the ONE player who stood up and took a HUGE paycut. He extended his own contract by 1 year for only $50,000.

Lets give him a chance to get fit and finish his career next season on a better note.

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
I'm taking middle ground here. DK IMO is now past it as a top footballer. In his time he has been a magnificent servant of the RFC and if we had more players on the list who played with his single mindeness we'd be a hell of a lot better team than we are now. If he's eligible for the veterans list they should offer him a minimum wage and leave it up to him.

If the younger blokes cant get something out of a player who's ability was never better than average but who's mindset was superior to all but a few I'll go he.

ComedyCapers

I'm a llama!
Aug 13, 2003
Canberra
The perfect solution would be for DK to retire and be offered an assistant coaching job replacing Buckets.
He is well educated, has outstanding character, bleeds yellow and black and would appear from the outside to be a calming influence in the box against the ranters.
Perhaps that is his problem. He is too nice a guy. To me
he seems like he could be our John Worsfold. An educated, well respected, erudite guy who , after a spell as an assistant, would be a great confidence building coach. Anyone agree?

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
With you on this one Diggler. I hope that Dunc, Rogers and Cameron all announce their retirements before the last game as I would love to give them a send off, which we didn't get to do with Benny Gale which is sad IMO.

However if Rogers continues on next year, any respect I had for that bloke will be gone, as all he will be doing is taking up a place on the list "because he has a contract"

Greg Miller must say to handgrenade that the only way he will wear a Richmond jumper next year is in the team photo, other than that, Proton Oval will be his second home.

jackstar

Tiger Matchwinner
Jul 5, 2003
sorry, but the main reason the Richmond Football Club where it is today is they have given contracts to players cause there nice blokes and honest, you people must be kidding, when I go and watch the tigers and see Duncan kellway go to kick.I duck my head for cover, fair dinkum, he hasnt been able to kick a football in his life.
havent you supporters had enough over the years or are you all a gluten for punishment ?
Didnt any of you see the way the ball was delivered to our forwards yesterday and our field kicking is worse.
Matthew Lloyd gets the ball delivered lace up, imagine Richo and Ottens playing in a team that delivers the ball properly, they would kick a bag every week, except they got to put up with the crap that our onballers dish up week in week out, I am sick of it. Richo gets the ball delivered at his toes everyweek.
Sorry but first to go is duncan Kellway, otherwise we are heading no where in a hurry.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Duncs has been a great servant to the club and I for one believe his contract should be honoured as he has a role to play at Richmond.

He would be good as the Physio with all the injuries we seem to endure.

Future Tiger Champ

Tiger Cub
Jul 17, 2003
I agree with you totally Gus, Duncs has been great at the club during his time. I have had the excellent opportunity of being coached by his coach as a junior, and can say that he praises Duncs, and Andy very highly.

the claw

thufferin thuckertash
Jun 17, 2003
WA
on yesterdays performance duncan is quite clearly past it even if he wasnt match fit. Frawley should do the right thing by dunc and the rfc and talk him into retirement. But spud & the board have rarely had the wisdom or courage to do the right thing

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
rosy3 said:
Worse still Gus, I think we're in jeopardy of Kayne staying on the list next year.

If that's the best he has to show to the football world, surely noone would ever trade him.

I've never seen a player make such an art form of running alongside play trying to look like that are making an attempt to do something, but obviously not putting in any effort at all.

Being gutless and having no heart is a far bigger disgrace to the Richmond jumper than just not having any skill.

Great to see Spud rewarded for rewarding one half decent game. Hyde has been in the best far more than Pettifer, so you don't ring true Spud.

Next weeks game - OUT PETTIFER.

Rosy, I think I'm falling for you! :-*

Your views on Pettigoose and his coach (I find it hard to mention even his nick names) are a breath of fresh air.

Got plans for Sat. night???

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
gustiger12 said:
Duncs has been a great servant to the club and I for one believe his contract should be honoured as he has a role to play at Richmond.

Duncan's contract expires at the end of this season

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
jackstar said:
sorry, but the main reason the Richmond Football Club where it is today is they have given contracts to players cause there nice blokes and honest, you people must be kidding, when I go and watch the tigers and see Duncan kellway go to kick.I duck my head for cover, fair dinkum, he hasnt been able to kick a football in his life.
havent you supporters had enough over the years or are you all a gluten for punishment ?
Didnt any of you see the way the ball was delivered to our forwards yesterday and our field kicking is worse.
Matthew Lloyd gets the ball delivered lace up, imagine Richo and Ottens playing in a team that delivers the ball properly, they would kick a bag every week, except they got to put up with the crap that our onballers dish up week in week out, I am sick of it. Richo gets the ball delivered at his toes everyweek.
Sorry but first to go is duncan Kellway, otherwise we are heading no where in a hurry.

Excellent summary Jackstar, your knowledge of Duncan being a dud is second to none (possibly Diggler) ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
NeWmAn said:

I knew I'd win you over eventually Newmo. ;D Am free Sunday, might go to the zoo to check out the elephants. :rollin

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
rosy3 said:
NeWmAn said:

I knew I'd win you over eventually Newmo. ;D Am free Sunday, might go to the zoo to check out the elephants.
roll.gif

LMAO Rosy ;D

Sunday's good for me, meet you there. I'm the one with the big feet...........