Dustin Martin | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Dustin Martin

Seriously Dusty could sub for half the games in '25 & '26 possibly '27
The legacy would be awesome!! he is good for 20 possessions a half.
One year for each Flag! we owe him everything. The club need to embrace the marketing campaign because we have *smile* to look forward to the next few years.
It would be the longest farewell tour in history. Now we have a taste of the abyss we need something to go to games for.

Everyone has left the building!! Keeping Dusty should be THE most important decision.

• Dislike
Reactions: 6 users
Seriously Dusty could sub for half the games in '25 & '26 possibly '27
The legacy would be awesome!! he is good for 20 possessions a half.
One year for each Flag! we owe him everything. The club need to embrace the marketing campaign because we have *smile* to look forward to the next few years.
It would be the longest farewell tour in history. Now we have a taste of the abyss we need something to go to games for.

Everyone has left the building!! Keeping Dusty should be THE most important decision.
There is no reason why he couldn't do a role at Richmond similar to what Hodge did at Brisbane

In my view Dusty has the greatest highlight reel of any player who has played the game. Close number 3 Tiger of all time. Only KB and Royce slightly in front overall.

Reactions: 2 users
Losing his father and THAT injury, ended his air and aura of invincibility that he had envisioned and constructed under the guidance and counsel of our SHE YODA.

Once he got hit with mortality in regard to life with his fathers passing and his own life threatening injury, its easy to see how Dustins mind set was changed and he has never been the same since.

What a champion what a privilege to be able to have witnessed the career of one of the greatest Tigers to ever play the game, and simply one of the very best the VFL/AFL has ever seen.

Last edited:
Reactions: 15 users
He is the Ronaldo and Messi of the AFL. Generational player. Absolute legend. One of the all time Tiger Greats!
*smile* love him.

Wish he could have ended his career with a Tiger premiership.

No doubt the passing of his father made him realise that being a successful footballer isnt the be-all and end-all of his life. Especially when now, he didnt have the most important person to share it with. Before his fathers passing football was his life. His everything. His reason to be the best there is. To make his dad proud. Don't underestimate just how powerful that connection can be for someone to push themselves to extreme limits.
I think he still loves the game but now it just doesn't mean as much.

Reactions: 5 users
Without a doubt 💯 his Oldman passing and that injury has had a huge affect. Media here is a disgusting hounding him making a story out of nothing. It must bleed them he gives them nothing.

Reactions: 1 user
The goat we tiger fans owe him everything hes blessed us all. Such a humble man, puts his mates first best bloke in the afl by a mile

Reactions: 1 users
Without a doubt 💯 his Oldman passing and that injury has had a huge affect. Media here is a disgusting hounding him making a story out of nothing. It must bleed them he gives them nothing.
Yep they are grubs looking for clicks and a BS Headline

In my view Dusty has the greatest highlight reel of any player who has played the game. Close number 3 Tiger of all time. Only KB and Royce slightly in front overall.
I think Ablett Sr has him covered for highlights. 700 more goals and almost as many more screamers.

Dusty the greater player, though. (Ablett failed in 3 of his 4 grand finals.)

Reactions: 3 users
Losing his father and THAT injury, ended his air and aura of invincibility that he had envisioned and constructed under the guidance and counsel of our SHE YODA.
Like everyone else here, I love Dusty and what he has done for our football club. He is a champion of the game and a legend of the Richmond football club.

However, for a man who scaled such heights and had such mental strength, I'm shocked that the death of his father so quickly destroyed Dustin's psyche .

Anyway, it's now apparent that Richmond needs to move on post Dusty ASAP.

He is the Ronaldo and Messi of the AFL. Generational player. Absolute legend. One of the all time Tiger Greats!
*smile* love him.

Wish he could have ended his career with a Tiger premiership.

No doubt the passing of his father made him realise that being a successful footballer isnt the be-all and end-all of his life. Especially when now, he didnt have the most important person to share it with. Before his fathers passing football was his life. His everything. His reason to be the best there is. To make his dad proud. Don't underestimate just how powerful that connection can be for someone to push themselves to extreme limits.
I think he still loves the game but now it just doesn't mean as much.
I always wonder why his mother never gets a mention.

Reactions: 1 users