Embarrassed to say.................. | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Embarrassed to say..................

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
:-[

I did something on Friday night, I swore at the beginning of the season I would never do,
I left the MCG at half-time, couldn't stand to watch another minute.

And I am seriously thinking about not going to watch them play this weekend.

I am in the supporter doldrums. After watching the 'Tigers of Old' play today, a couple of them could give a few of the players that played on Friday night a run for their money.

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
tiggytam said:
:-[

I did something on Friday night, I swore at the beginning of the season I would never do,
I left the MCG at half-time, couldn't stand to watch another minute.

And I am seriously thinking about not going to watch them play this weekend.

I am in the supporter doldrums. After watching the 'Tigers of Old' play today, a couple of them could give a few of the players that played on Friday night a run for their money.

I was able to sit through the whole game (just). It was torture, especially being right next to the collingwood cheersquad.

Im thinking about not going on saturday night either, especially since the dogs notched up their 2nd win against the cats.

Wanted to go see the "tigers of old" play but didnt end up going, was too tired. I can imagine though that some of the olds would give the palyers on our list "a run for their money"

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
TiggyTam it was reported on TT that Billy BARROT may have suffered a heart attack during or after the game.

Do you know anything about that.

Oh by the way shame on you. I have never yet left a game early despite the outcome. Maybe I am a Masochist

tiggytam

Welcome to Tigerland
May 1, 2003
Melbourne
I would say that it is probably true about Billy, I was sitting in the grandstand and saw the St John Ambulance running into the changerooms and not long after an ambulance arrived with it's siren going and left with it's siren going, I thought something like that would happen, there were a few likely heart attacks running around out there on the paddock.

I hope he is ok, if it is true.

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
I got through the whole game, but wanted to run on the field and give sum of our boys a pary about 50 times. Thank god 4 Cogs and Tiva, our top 2 in the B & F so far

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
I stayed the whole match probably wouldn't have if I hadn't gone with Collingwood supporters. I'd go to watch the doggies game but I can't so I'll just have to see it on telly.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Due to a combintaion ill health and family commitments I've only been able to get to 6 games this season, and won't be there Sat night either.

Strange as it may seem I prefer to be there when we are going crap. I like to see how bad we are first hand rather than rely on the radio and telly coverage.

Somehow it's better to be among Tiger friends and hurt together.

I've gotta admit as soon as the game's over I'm always glad I don't have the long, depressing drive home though.

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
yeh i stayed, but i was with collingwood supporters. it was pathetic, and i was embaressing. yeh i agree with ya rosy, even if we r losing, i'd still wanna be there. i'll still go to all the home games this year, only for the hell of it though, and (try) n give them some support! no matter how they're goin, i'll be there

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
I sat there for a good 20 minutes after the game - thinking about how bad it feels, however knowing it will make the feeling of success even greater.

I also thought that many of the players have no right to be wearing the Richmond jumper.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
mongrel_punt said:
I sat there for a good 20 minutes after the game - thinking about how bad it feels, however knowing it will make the feeling of success even greater.

I also thought that many of the players have no right to be wearing the Richmond jumper.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this post.

Almost mirrors the comments of Rex HUNT last weekend on 3AW that if you want to wear the jumper, it should be with pride or words to that effect.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I'm embarrassed to say im a Richmond supporter at times but i still wore the jumper to my girlfriends netball game on Saturday afternoon. Richmond will always be with me. I cant imagine ever leaving a game before it finished though.