Enough!!! | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Enough!!!

Hungry

Bring back the Tiger mongrel
Mar 18, 2003
I love a good natter about the Tiges, and only started posting a couple of weeks ago, but there's a few posters on here that are destroying this message board.

No topic can be introduced without hyperactive rantings from a handful of posters - we all know who they are. I'd just about go as far as say these are the bullys of the board, such is the way they hijack each and every issue to stand on their boring, worn out soap boxes. I've also no doubt that they are putting others off posting.

Even when we win the negative drivel flows like sewerage into every nook of the board. They want changes and they want them now - a new coach, a new team and go on about it like spoilt little children.

One poster in particular!!! Has a real problem and should be looked at. And any of this group who responds to this post trying to justify themselves, I don't care, I've heard it all before, we all have, so why don't you form your own little board where you can all get together and mope and talk about the sky falling in.

Hungry.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I agree with you Hungry.

It would be interesting to know exactly what people want from this site.

It would be sad to let a few stirrers ruin it for others. I know of a couple of people who don't post here because of the negativity, but to me that's a victory for the bad guys.

I first started making this because there wasn't an obvious site for Tiger fans.
We had another home, but it was like a ship without a rudder, it wasn't being maintained anymore.

I certainly don't like the large amout of time and money I put into it wasted by the site not being enjoyable to the majority of people.

I think it's up to us all to make this site a success if we want it to be.

Suggestions are always welcome and if people don't want to post here maybe they can e-mail.... [email protected]

Personally I love to talk footy. I find it hard to knock the Tigers, but of course everything isn't always wonderful there and we'd be wrong to pretend it was. The annoying thing to me is people who insist on bagging the club no matter what. They'd find something to whinge about even if we won a premiership.

I am adamant I won't let them stop me enjoying the site though. Maybe I should look into an ignore function, but I suspect that woudl make threads hard to follow.

Please contribute with any suggestions/ideas. Help make this site a place for Tiger fans to be proud of.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
When we created this site we didn't want to censor anyone's opinions on the tiges or footy but I hope those, who recently are monotonously expousing their negative point of view relentlessly over and over and over again, would realise that firstly we got your drift the first time you said it and secondly posting it a million times over on the board doesn't make your opinion any stronger but in fact makes other posters less likely to treat anything you post from now on seriously and makes them less likely to read anything else you write in the future full stop!

hungry1

eat em alive tigers
Apr 4, 2003
melbourne
Well said Hungry!! My name was Hungry1 but have changed username (if I did it correctly) to ensure no confusion.

Rosy we do appreciate this site to be able to chat amongst other fans, but the very vocal minority that complain after a win does frustrate me. These are the sort of people that give Richmond supporters a bad name.

antigravity

I'm a llama!
Mar 29, 2003
*cough* *cough* diggler *cough* frawleyudud *cough*

There is nothing wrong with complaining after a win, in fact I find it quite annoying an ignorant to automatically forget all the problems that existed a week before because of a win, no matter how large.

However, I find it just as annoying to repeatedly read "sack frawley", "frawley sucks", "frawley cant coach". How about actually writing why we should sack Frawley, who would be a better replacement and why? Why can't Frawley coach? What is it about his coaching that you don't like, and what would be a better solution?
All this rubbish that some people are saying in here is plain stupid and identifies those who have small or no intelligence at all.

However, and I'm speaking to Diggler with this comment, it is also good to add a little humor (which diggler seems to be able to do sometimes) to mix up this place a little. Sometimes it can get a bit TOO serious.

We all have something in common, love for the Richmond Footy Club, so get over it and just have fun.

G

giggler

There's some very literal people here who don't understand Diggler's sense of humour which is very unique and entertaining (even if it is a touch repetitious) in other words it goes straight over their heads.

Proves the argument wrong that no one will read his posts if they get sick of hearing abuse time and time again - in fact, if i had a preference between some posts on here and his, i would go for Digglers any day.

Lighten up folks. If it truly, truly offends, complain - but don't spoil it for people who have very mundane lives and like it entertained by the likes of Diggler.

This does not go for FUD - he is offensive and not in the least humorous.

gustiger12

Its Tiger Time
Jan 22, 2003
www.thaigerpics.com
Well said Hungary

I don't mind the constructive criticism and everyone is entitled to an opinion, but do agree that that some become a bit monotonous without ever providing a solution or even an option.

Diggler revells in his own notoriety, his avatar says it all, and he is entitled to.

If you don't lie the negative poster, do what I do and skip them.

After we whip Freo this week it will all be positive....(I wish)

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
The tribe has spoken. I promise to tone down my anti Frawley sentiments. I promise. As one famous US president once promised "I did not have sexual relations with that women" ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
diggler said:
The tribe has spoken.

I've been a bit worried this week Diggles. In case you were hiding in the chatroom on Monday night just to see what we were saying....I wasn't trying to chat you up with those nice things I said about you, promise, ha. ;D

P.S. You'd better give it a practise run to see if you can get it to work ready for next Monday night.

MC24

Tiger Superstar
Jan 14, 2003
Like everyone else, I really enjoy talking about Richmond. Heck, if someone paid me I'd do it for a living. ;D

It's good to get views from other people. Because we're never going to all agree with everything, I think it makes it all the more interesting.

And it is good to read the views of others. There are some really good points of view and I find I learn from other people.

If people want to post negative stuff, I don't necessarily have a problem with it, although at times it can get a little tiresome. I either choose to read it or not to read it. Simple as that. Each to their own I suppose.

I like the good natured posts. But I genuinely love a good discussion. So if nobody minds good debate and discussion, I'm in.

Thanks Rosy and MT for a fabulous site. :)

Tigerdog

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Totally agree MC, IMO there is room for negativity let's face it we all know our past but too much negativity can be boring. Personally I like to be negative at times because I believe that there are problems that need discussion. And if you see something wrong, naturally you say something.
Having said all that the posters who have been totally negative do have the ability to post some great thoughts as we have seen, sometimes it all gets a bit too frustrating and I can relate to that.
Anyway change nothing and ban no body except those who are abusive etc... In other words carry on as is ;D

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Tigerdog said:
IMO there is room for negativity let's face it we all know our past but too much negativity can be boring.

I agree TD with what you say. There's nothing wrong with having a critical or negative opinion of something and if new points are being made then that's great. It's when the same one liners are trolled out over and over again with nothing new added or no objective argument being presented that it then becomes boring or annoying.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I didn't word myself correctly in my earlier post.
It isn't the negativity that people have e-mailed me complaining about this week, it is the abuse and nastiness that seems to be a concern.
Boring and repetitive are one thing, offensive is a different matter.
I guess we express ourselves in different ways.
Maybe we should be considerate of other people, and remember there are heaps of different personalities on here and some are bound to conflict.
I've felt a bit like a shrink replying to complaints this week, ha.
Anyone volunteer to take on a career as my receptionist? ;D

mongrel_punt

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
Mar 4, 2003
Hawthorn
Yeah, I too get tired of the same old, sack this guy, dump the coach rhetoric.

However, lets not stop the healthy debates and opinions of topics such as players who you think should be in or out, who was best this week, where the team went right or wrong, etc, etc.

This is a great sight, with obvious credit due to those who administer it ;D

Where else is the opportunity for a hundred or so, hardcore couch experts to get together and talk about what they think about 24-hours a day.

Go Tigers.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Hey frawleydud, i find your sense of humour funny, LMAOOOOO. I can't get over the exclamation marks in your sentences. I keep picturing you as a raving lunatic. I also think there are elements of truth in what you say, though you do put your opinions in a rather crude manner. But i'm all for a bit of crudeness, its the spice of life. It will be a pity if you get banned from this site.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Is FUD really Laff in disguise? Is Giggler the female version of Diggler? I do have to admit Diggler can be funny at times and I love his current avitar (however that's spelt).

G

giggler

Yes, Julz i'm the long lost sister of Diggler - been estranged for a long time now since mum and dad had a fight at the footy one day and they went their separate ways. Diggles went with pop (a carlton supporter) and me and our brother Dribbler went with ma. Living with a carlton supporter might explain why Diggler is how he is ;D As u can see i'm well adjusted.