Everyone Nominates for Richmond Board | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Everyone Nominates for Richmond Board

Tiger in a Tube

Richmond Redeemer
Sep 11, 2003
www.puntroad.com
from http://www.puntroad.com

The Richmond Football Club is facing an administrative headache following the nomination of pretty much everyone for positions on the Board. Arnold "The Gropenator" Schwarzenegger, freshly elected governor of California has claimed credit for movement

Speaking from his ranch, Gov. Schwarzenegger said "Look, I've heard about what's going on down at the Richmond Football Club with all these ordinary fans wanting to get involved. I think it's fantastic that people want to follow my example and take on the big boys and bring a fresh perspective to the joint. Just because you've had no experience in running a football club, or any other sporting organisation shouldn't put you off. I'd encourage the three or four remaining Richmond fans who haven't yet nominated, to get off their crackers and get down to Former Olympian and Commonwealth Games Medalist and new Richmond CEO Ian Campbell's office and demand a nomination form.

FOaCGMaNRCEO Campbell said that while he encouraged feedback from members, this was very weird. "Look, everyone is upset with our on-field performance. Greg Miller is sorting that out by giving away early draft picks for flashy players who can win games off their own boot. Hell, he even spoke with Matty Rodgers about playing for us when the Wallabies where set up here for the Rugby World Cup. Matty was going to sign, but kept dropping the pen. That's what we need down here at Tigerland. But 25,000 people on a voting slip? We need that like a hole in the head."

Membership Vice-Pro Chancellor James Napier said that he was "as happy as a pig in mud" with pretty much everyone nominating for election to the board. "Look, you've got to be a member, so if everyone nominates I've hit my performance targets before the Wizard Cup. You little beauty! But I sure as *smile* wouldn't want to be the returning officer."

www.puntroad.com will be profiling some of the candidates over the following weeks leading up to the big election.

P

PuntRoadRoar

if that was arnie really talking shouldnt it read:

"Look, I hav Heard bout whats going down at Richmund Footboll Club wid these Orrd-in-ary Farns wanting to get in-volved. I think its Farn-tastic that people want to follow my example and take da big boys on and bring per-spective to dis place". "As I have said preee-viously in one of my mooovies "Geet-off or Geet-out".

Tiger in a Tube

Richmond Redeemer
Sep 11, 2003
www.puntroad.com
PRR, The Gropenator did indeed talk about the "Rrrichmund Futball Klub" but I translated it from the Austrian into the Australian as a service to our readers.

Not all of us can speak the Austro-Californian dialect.