Exit stage left | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Exit stage left

fastin bulbous

Tiger Champion
Mar 30, 2010
Darwin
I noticed in both the preliminary and grand final that both Port and Geelong were staging for free kicks, particularly in the last quarter when they should have been solely focussed on winning the game. The whole culture of entitlement presented to them by the head office and media does them no favours at all. There is a clear lack of self assessment that prompts their leaders to be constantly ducking, diving and complaining to the umps while play goes on. The media are too scared to talk about it so the message never seems to get back to the players and coaches that it is both psychologically draining and distracting to the entire team to have leaders behaving like brats. I am glad we don’t engage in this behaviour (often ;) and that the pack are all still struggling to understand what mindfulness and team actually mean. Let alone take those concepts seriously.

‘gratitude writing

Thank you 37 years of struggle, you allowed us to fully under the value of success

thank you moronic football media for trying to undermine us all year while unwittingly encouraging stealy resolve

thank you team for showing us all that success and winning can be full of grace and respect

i love ya tigers!

• Love
Reactions: 26 users

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
There was a lot of staging in the last quarter of both games but my view is that comes from fatigue and desperation, they can feel that their opponents are on top.
Our guys are like a machine, they grind the opposition down and then they resort to these tactics.

Reactions: 7 users

The Lurker

In Victory We Thrive, Eat Em Alive
Nov 24, 2003
Melbourne
Thanks Tigers for being so respectful
I noticed in both the preliminary and grand final that both Port and Geelong were staging for free kicks, particularly in the last quarter when they should have been solely focussed on winning the game. The whole culture of entitlement presented to them by the head office and media does them no favours at all. There is a clear lack of self assessment that prompts their leaders to be constantly ducking, diving and complaining to the umps while play goes on. The media are too scared to talk about it so the message never seems to get back to the players and coaches that it is both psychologically draining and distracting to the entire team to have leaders behaving like brats. I am glad we don’t engage in this behaviour (often ;) and that the pack are all still struggling to understand what mindfulness and team actually mean. Let alone take those concepts seriously.

‘gratitude writing

Thank you 37 years of struggle, you allowed us to fully under the value of success

thank you moronic football media for trying to undermine us all year while unwittingly encouraging stealy resolve

thank you team for showing us all that success and winning can be full of grace and respect

i love ya tigers!

Yes Thanks my Tigers for being so respectful, i noted not one of our players targeted Gaz after his injury. We just keep on playing the game like the focused team we are.

Reactions: 6 users

AngryAnt

Tiger Legend
Nov 25, 2004
Yep... Dangerfield's one, he was just worked under the ball by Broad. Realised he had no chance to mark it so collapsed looking for a free. In some ways that's the professional play, he had a 2% chance of getting a free but that's better than zero.

The optics are bad, looks like he's given up, which he has.

Tenacious

Tiger Legend
May 19, 2008
Dusty’s final goal when he burned off Diverfield showed Stanley claiming he'd touched it

At that stage it meant absolutely nothing at all and I’ve got no idea if he genuinely believed that or not

But given the culture of that Club with its slimy sniping staging diving cheating ways - I’d like to think that even in the final seconds of a lost GF - a Geelong player would still resort to trying to cheat the umpires into thinking it was only a point

Reactions: 8 users

seven

Super Tiger
Apr 20, 2004
Dusty’s final goal when he burned off Diverfield showed Stanley claiming he'd touched it

At that stage it meant absolutely nothing at all and I’ve got no idea if he genuinely believed that or not

But given the culture of that Club with its slimy sniping staging diving cheating ways - I’d like to think that even in the final seconds of a lost GF - a Geelong player would still resort to trying to cheat the umpires into thinking it was only a point
Yes, Waiting for Blobo to come out and call Stanley a cheat.
Nothing as yet.

Reactions: 5 users

Butch67

Tiger Rookie
Mar 31, 2014
Not any mention about Taylors dive from a nudge by Lynch, eerily similar to the Rance 'dive' a few years ago

Reactions: 6 users

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013

that's the one T, why would Stanley bother? either he's a tosser or it's part of the club fabric, or both.
that image of him claiming, DangerElbow sprawled on the ground, and Dusty drilling the goal is a priceless GF moment because it says everything ..

Willo

Tiger Legend
Oct 13, 2007
Aldinga Beach
that's the one T, why would Stanley bother? either he's a tosser or it's part of the club fabric, or both.
that image of him claiming, DangerElbow sprawled on the ground, and Dusty drilling the goal is a priceless GF moment because it says everything ..

And Selwood fell over in the centre square, all by himself, holding his head

Reactions: 5 users

UKTiger

Tiger Legend
Jul 11, 2010
Shipston on Stour, UK

i love ya tigers!
I can't match you for 37 years as I only found Footy and the Tigers 20 years ago whist working in Oz on contract but go along with your sentiments.
No other team is able to match us

Reactions: 1 user

artball

labels are for canned food
Jul 30, 2013
Probably embarrassed about dropping the mark immediately beforehand. He now has to deal with it being replayed in perpetutity.
yeah ... and having the ball 'stolen' from him ... double whammy ... the blokes a peanut ..

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user