Explain to me... | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Explain to me...

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
How this was a Freo free kick...

008065ay.jpg

When clearly Jeff Farmer picked Newman up and chucked him to the ground?

http://richmondfc.com.au/cp2/c2/webi/image/008065ay.jpg <-- If the photo doesnt work.

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
I think they were claiming that Newman was holding on to Farmer prior to Farmer lifting him off the ground. Just one of the many dubious free kicks which we've come to expect watching interstate games.

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Take a good look at the picture ------- i'ts obviously over the shoulder.

Harry

Tiger Legend
Mar 2, 2003
Explain to me why no-brains fraudly left newman on farmer the whole game. This just goes further to illustrate fraudly's defensive tactics. In a game that we had to win he again chose defensive tactics. We were being beaten in the middle and I would have thought releasing one of our best players in Newman into the middle could have turned the game.

Explain to me why every game we play becomes an ugly game to watch

The guy has no clue - hopefully Lambert is appoimted as assistant and when the wheels fall of next year a mid-season sacking would ensure Lambert the senior role.

FoX

Tiger Cub
Jul 27, 2003
Totally mystified by the tackle count yesterday 66 freo - 38, tackling is a fundamental part of this game we just dont make the opposition turn it over consistently. Explain to me this story... http://richmondfc.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=110129y

frawley has lost it with lines like this "we probably had enough good efforts" Probably????? this game was definitely winnable as stated by Harry.

"it just means we are not far away but we still have a long way to go," he said. (does that even make sense??)

what does he want? his contract extended indefinitely untill results appear?

Its the near enuff is good enuff attitude is the reason we will have to wait to see if were "good enuff" for a finals berth next season if our coaching panel is left intact.

I think that sums up his entire career at st. kilda, years of mediocore results which has followed him to RFC!

To all the spud lovers out there he has had his chance to show the goods and all he has shown is what a fluke his 1st years effort was and, a defensive, uncreative and uninspired gameplan which HAS not and WILL not win too many games against quality opposition and superior coaching. Our six-two start just showed up what teams we will be rubbing shoulders with come years end proving, we have not improved and i for one can not see us improving under this current style of coaching. Every time we are challenged we seem to resort to this style which i think is what you were getting at harry "why every game we play becomes an ugly game to watch".

Greg millers statement on finishing his contract only seem to want to show the football public that we stand by our coach and contract commitments as we havent in the past ,but its wrong to paint a facade of club unity when the person you are standing by is obviously not the man for the job. Keeping him is only to keep up appearances at board level, they dont want to look stupid for standing by him in the media all year.

Near enuff results should not be tolerated by any tiger fans of this once proud and ferocious club. The whimper we have been witnessing year in year out must be stamped out by ruthlessness in all areas of this club and the rebuilding should start NOW with a 10 year plan! :mad:

The reaper is coming for you RFC and he's carrying a spud peeler!

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
FoX said:
Greg millers statement on finishing his contract only seem to want to show the football public that we stand by our coach and contract commitments as we havent in the past ,but its wrong to paint a facade of club unity when the person you are standing by is obviously not the man for the job. Keeping him is only to keep up appearances at board level, they dont want to look stupid for standing by him in the media all year.

I wonder if Danny's contract hadn't been renewed mid term, and whether get out clauses weren't removed, whether he'd be guaranteed a spot next season?

If the answer to that is no then I sincerely question whether honouring a final year is in the best interests of the club after all.

I guess we'll never know the answer though.

Fighting Fury

Tiger Army
Jul 17, 2003
although I tend to agree with you FoX, the idea of starting from scratch again is almost too much to bear. 21 years in the wilderness and we have to sign up for another 10? with some untried new coach? even collingwood turned around their wooden spoon in 3 or 4 years...they went out and got a premiership coach.

spiritofrichmond

" I have a DREAM "
Jul 10, 2003
Blackburn
Harry said:
Explain to me why every game we play becomes an ugly game to watch

I would have to agree with you there Harry. I yearn for the days when we start playing flowing, attacking and axciting football. I know the day WILL COME !!

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Just to bring this thread back to its original topic, I have it on good authority from a very reliable source that the free kick was actually given against Newman because he was better looking than Farmer! ;D