Murphy is No 1 Target | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Murphy is No 1 Target

R

rampagingtiger

Just a little rumour.... Robert Murphy is the No1 target for the club. Murphy was a Richmond Supporter as a kid and wants to play for us ala Kane Johnson. He's seen the replacement for Leon Cameron across half back- the quarterback type player who sets up play and he can also go into the middle.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
He's another one that I would definately take (along with Power and Stevens). Although Murphy has a slight build, he is deceptively strong and even played on Ricciutto this season when Roo went forward. Has got good skills, is courageous and runs the lines.

This guy will be a gun. Reminds me of Robbie Flower.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
I'd almost make an exception to my "Kids only" rule for Murphy but it all depends on what the club gives up.

tigerman

It's Tiger Time
Mar 17, 2003
If Schulz can continue his promising form for the rest of the year. Holland might be an option. I've been hoping that we might be able to do a deal with him and Brown from the dogs.
Holland might of impressed a few at dog land a couple of weeks ago when he kicked 6 against them.
I know we have struggled with a lack of height at times this year but I reckon it would be a good deal. Even if means that we keep Vardy as a back up.
And hopefully we are giong to recruit a bit of height in the draft.

CARN THE TIGES!!!!

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
Two things;

Robert Murphy will be very hard to get, as the if the bullies lose Brown they will throw everything at Murphy. But he is a great player and would be a welcome addition at Punt Rd.

Secondly - Rampagingtiger.....you are sailing very close to the wind my friend...next you will prob put an avatar of Richo on your settings ;D

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
For a second I was briefly excited with Justin Murphy coming home ;D

Foreign

Opposition Club Fan
Jun 16, 2003
Mackay Qld
Murphy would be a great get - but what would it cost?
The Doggies should be looking for height and experience. Holland has been mentioned ?fair swap

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
How about Fiora and Hall for Murphy. I wouldn't mind sticking with Holland.

Diggler, I think Justin Murphy is our No 2 Target.

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Agree John F, I reckon Fiora and Hall (but preferably Bowden and Hall) would be a good swap.

Newman and Murphy are similar players IMO which would free up either of the two to play in the center.

I would rather use Fiora to somehow be traded with Port or Adelaide - for almost anyone or anything, even their boot studder would do!!!

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Or how about Hall, Bowden, Fiora, Pettifer and Houlihan for Brown and Murphy. If I was a Bulldog I'd laugh at that offer, but you never know...

iLoVeNeWmAn

RFC - can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em
Apr 15, 2003
www.abcsports.com.au
Yeah, and throw in Rogers and Frawley for their janitor. Actually, they can keep their dunny cleaner - we'll just throw them in.........

R

rampagingtiger

I was just putting forward something i heard recently from someone who has told me stuff before and it was and it turned out to be true. I believe this is true as well. Robert Murphy is the first target of the club. I dont know what the bulldogs will want but the tigers want Murphy. So who knows...we'll just have to wait and see.