Farmer still bitter over '67 final umpiring (realfooty) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Farmer still bitter over '67 final umpiring (realfooty)

That's a fair old whack you've given to Polly, Roar.
Hope you didn't hurt ya hand old fella ;D.

As a primary school teacher, I know that when a 5 year old has a tantrum you just look away. They have learned, in their immature minds, only one selfish method of getting attention. It's a shame polly has to be the poor, hard-done-by, victim every time he needs a hand up. What a sad, small performance by one in such a big body. Don't look back at him again until his hissy-fit is finished.

If you are still seething Farmer... well GET A LIFE.

There would be many GF where something can have an influence. From memory say it went their way.

How deos he know for sure the result would have changed?.

How deos he knpw beyond 100% what events would have unfolded after that?

But he as so do many others have to accept that footy has so many factors can & will influence a game & we all have to live with whatever the result is after the final siren.

Great post over on the history board Roar, gave me goose pimples. I've got the game on video, and I reckon the only thing they could really winge about was Swift's mark on the goal line, but there's no way its beyond doubt. Goggin ran too far at least once I reckon.

If I was a geelong barracker I'd be more pissed off about that year (when was it early 90s???) when the got crucified at the tribunal in the finals and had 2 or 3 of their best players put out for piddling offences.

Was at the Richmond vs Geelong game at the G when Farmer was their coach. Richmond was absolutely flogging the Pussies. At half time, Farmer walked out of the coaches box, around the boundary to the players race behind the goals and stopped and watched the little league match. He wouldn't go in to address the players at half-time. I was right behind the goals watching him. Other Pussy officials were begging him to go in but he just stood there with an unconcerned smile on his face and said "I want to watch the kids". They finally dragged him in and we went on to slaughter them. He didn't coach them next year. He was a champion sook.

Maybe we should all chip in & organise a hire car to pick up Mr Polly for a Jolly Mystery Tour....

A tour of the RFC Museum with chair for him to sit in front of the cup & have the game replayed for him to comment & cry about every decision..

Oh I nearly forgot & we also throw in some RFC towels in case he starts crying...