Fixturing "Anomalies" | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Fixturing "Anomalies"

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
Reactions: 1 user

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
@kanecornes Kano Port plays 13 games at home. 11 against interstate teams(huge advantage). Tigers play 6 games at the G against interstate teams(huge advantage) all their other games are against co-tenants or other Melb clubs who play there regularly. Port have a much easier draw

I sent this off to Cornes last night on Twitter but no reply.

Reactions: 2 users

Brodders17

Tiger Legend
Mar 21, 2008
Only 2 richmond players that day still at the Club and one of them is a coach !

Will always be remembered not only as Dimma's first win as coach but also Dusty's first win in yellow and black.
Only 2 from Port still at the club, and one of them is a coach too.

Sintiger

Tiger Legend
Aug 11, 2010
Camberwell
@kanecornes Kano Port plays 13 games at home. 11 against interstate teams(huge advantage). Tigers play 6 games at the G against interstate teams(huge advantage) all their other games are against co-tenants or other Melb clubs who play there regularly. Port have a much easier draw

I sent this off to Cornes last night on Twitter but no reply.
He has had that before and never replies.

When he was on his campaign back in 2019 about us playing 7 in a row at the mcg it was pointed out that it didn’t change the number of times we played there, all it meant was that we hadn’t played there much earlier in the season, which was true.

He never replied to that either. I gave up tweeting to Cornes’ comments. No point.

Reactions: 1 users

richards42

making the crowd roar
Sep 15, 2005
Gold Coast
He has had that before and never replies.

When he was on his campaign back in 2019 about us playing 7 in a row at the mcg it was pointed out that it didn’t change the number of times we played there, all it meant was that we hadn’t played there much earlier in the season, which was true.

He never replied to that either. I gave up tweeting to Cornes’ comments. No point.
Your right, be good to send it into Kingy to ask him on air though.

theglove3

Tiger Champion
Jun 3, 2003
Just looking at next week's fixture.
The AFL Boffins have put us up against The Aussie GP at Albert Park.
I think that's right.
What U.S. of A algorithmic, scientific guru came up with this inspired time slot?

Seriously a joke this competition.
On top of the match day rogering we receive from the brass!

*smile* Corrupt.

• Wow
Jul 26, 2004
www.redbubble.com
I think that's right.
What U.S. of A algorithmic, scientific guru came up with this inspired time slot?

*smile* Corrupt.
Our draw could really *smile* us financially this season.

Smoking Aces

Batten Down The Hatches
Sep 21, 2007
I think that's right.

*smile* Corrupt.
I heard the club is not expecting anymore than 20k to the match because of this.

• Wow
  • Angry

The Mole

Tiger Champion
Apr 1, 2003
We played for years at Kitty Litter park when we were *smile*. As soon as we won the flag we weren’t fixtured there again until they think we are *smile* again. I wonder how that happens with the algorithm?

craig

Tiger Legend
Aug 19, 2004
Melbourne
As far as I see it there are no "Anomalies" as that would indicate accidental oversights.

It is called a FIXture for a reason ..............it's FIXED,

Contrived Football League.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users

Legends of 2017

Finally!!!!!!!!!!!
Mar 24, 2005
Melbourne
Well, they FIXtured 2 home games for us against the Saints this year. One of our home games is in south Australia and the other “home” game against them is at Marvel

Last edited:
  • Angry
  • Haha

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
So, 3 games gone and 3 games lost. First one a bonus to AFL love Dimma at his paradise home, and the next 5 from 6 against last year's final 8. Clearly done against us.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
We start the year interstate and have to back up after a 5 day break. Our first home game isn’t until round “3”. (Don’t get me started on this totally bs opening round crap). Then, we play 4 Sunday games in a row at 4pm - the death slot. One of those games is in Adelaide at a pissant suburban ground where half our members couldn’t get in if they wanted to go.

That’s just outright **** from the AFL. Talk about wanting to shaft us at any opportunity again. Gale should have gone off tap at Kane for our draw this year.

Then I see Melbourne play in Adelaide 2 weeks in a row because of this Gather Round. Off a 5 day break. Well done again AFL.

What the **** is this corrupted and amateurish organisation doing ? What professional sporting league is run like this ?

I heard the dhead who put together this years fixture on the radio back in February explaining himself for all the ridiculous scheduling he came up with. He was a young, pompous, full of himself dhead. Absolute wanker.

AFL is full of them.

• Angry
Reactions: 10 users

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004
We start the year interstate and have to back up after a 5 day break. Our first home game isn’t until round “3”. (Don’t get me started on this totally bs opening round crap). Then, we play 4 Sunday games in a row at 4pm - the death slot. One of those games is in Adelaide at a pissant suburban ground where half our members couldn’t get in if they wanted to go.

That’s just outright **** from the AFL. Talk about wanting to shaft us at any opportunity again. Gale should have gone off tap at Kane for our draw this year.

Then I see Melbourne play in Adelaide 2 weeks in a row because of this Gather Round. Off a 5 day break. Well done again AFL.

What the **** is this corrupted and amateurish organisation doing ? What professional sporting league is run like this ?

I heard the dhead who put together this years fixture on the radio back in February explaining himself for all the ridiculous scheduling he came up with. He was a young, pompous, full of himself dhead. Absolute wanker.

AFL is full of them.
Wasn't it some Yank who barely understands our game? This is like an NBA fixture.

Redford

Tiger Legend
Dec 18, 2002
Tel Aviv
Wasn't it some Yank who barely understands our game? This is like an NBA fixture.
That guy was involved but this guy I heard was Australian. He was a young guy who sounded like he had more of an actuarial background than anything to do with football, and he was the one who had actually devised the detail. Absolute full of himself knob. He was grilled by Cornes and Healy and he had a smart arse answer for everything.

Ffs. Even the WCE game they’ve given us is off a trip to Adelaide. 2 interstates in a row hoping that might cause us to blow it against the worst team in the league. Help WCE out ….nail Richmond again.

Never seen such an appalling first 6 weeks of the season. Ever. They are just beside themselves trying to punish us all the time.

Will say it again. We have massive issues with the AFL. Massive.