Footy Footy Footy Oi Oi Oi | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy Footy Footy Oi Oi Oi

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
Plenty of winging and negative talk has been done over the last few weeks but lets not forget how lucky we are to be able to whitness this septacular game week in week out in our lives. ;D

Some times when Richmond are strugling, i just need to remind myself how good this game is and how lucky we are to live in Melbourne. I live and breath footy! :'(

Heres a toast to the best game in the world

Footy Footy Footy!!!!
Oi Oi Oi!!!!

Holy *smile*, the footy shows started, seya :eek:

'PS: 2+2 is 4' :p

JohnF

LMFAOOO
Mar 29, 2003
Who's bright idea was it to have a mid season break? Bring back the footy! I'm already having withdrawal symptoms, and the weekend hasn't even hit.

By the way, anyone got an opinion on State of origin games? Personally I'd like to see them played every 3 years or so. I agree with Flea that the Irish/Aussie crossover game is pretty mickey mouse-ish (even though its quite entertaining).

Richos_gal

Tiger Cub
Feb 9, 2003
Melb
yeah tell me about it, no football, i'm forced to watch old footy games and god help me, i might even succumb to watching free willy on sunday.
btw, tigerland what did you think of Danielle on the Footy Show? i haven't seen Sam that scared since crawf dacked him!

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
Richos_gal said:
btw, tigerland what did you think of Danielle on the Footy Show? i haven't seen Sam that scared since crawf dacked him!

Lol, agree with that!

I'll porberbly go and watch the couberg tigers on saturday. Then watch fox footy on the weekend - fun fun fun.

I say next year they bring in the split round, 4 games one week, 4 the next. - its the logical approch

tigerland

Can u dig it.....SUCKA
May 12, 2003
Melb
he he, I dont know weather Sam was more scared or embarrased?
Sam got his back though, busting her chewing on those Mars bars (what type of a combination is mars bars and poweraid btw?)

'When I was 17, I drank some very good beer. I drank some very good beer I purchased with my fake id! My name was Brian McKee, I stayed up listening to Queen, when I was 17
(Tribute to Homer Simpson: MY HERO)

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
JohnF said:
By the way, anyone got an opinion on State of origin games? Personally I'd like to see them played every 3 years or so.

With a national competition SOO is dead and buried IMHO. During the 80's it was the best footy to watch (having a dad from SA made family viewing interesting ;D) and it was always to great to see the flea show what a champion he was as he use to always star in these games. Sadly that was the only joy for us Tiger fans during that time. Once the WA and then the SA teams came in the need for west and south aussies to "kick a Vic" at SOO level disappeared as they could vent their inferiority complex ;D on a weekly basis. From a club's selfish point of view the risk of injury to their players became too great.

You also have the situation that a Hird, Voss, Buckley or Carey aren't from Vic, SA or WA and who barracks for the Allstars team ???. Be better off just choosing the best 44 players and have an allstar game but then again where's the tradition in that. It has to mean something. The rugby league version works because there are only two states so the rivalry is more intense and for the players the game leads to Australian representation. So SOO actually means something in their case.