Tiger duo push for comeback (realfooty) | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Tiger duo push for comeback (realfooty)

DragicevicFan

Tiger Legend
Dec 30, 2002
Melbourne
Tiger duo push for comeback
By Melissa Ryan
June 22 2003

Eye-catching performances from knee reconstruction victims Ben Holland and Marc Dragicevic in the VFL yesterday will enable them to push strongly for selection this week, as Richmond prepares for the trip to Brisbane.

Holland played several roles in Coburg's nine-point victory over the Northern Bullants, spending most of the match at centre half-back, but also going forward, and taking some ruck duties.

He collected 16 possessions and took five marks, and seems certain this week to fill the void left by key defender Darren Gaspar, in what would be his first senior game since round four last year.

Richmond assistant coach Darren Crocker said: "Ben was terrific. He marshalled the troops when we really needed someone to stand up. He played centre half-back, centre half-forward, went loose behind the ball when they were kicking with the wind, so you couldn't have asked for any more from Ben out of that game.

"On that performance, and on the way he's approaching things, he's definitely going to be in the mix."

Holland said he was eager to have a strong week on the training track, and hoped to return to help the Tigers out of their recent form slump.

Dragicevic, who has had two knee reconstructions in the past two years, collected 27 possessions in a gutsy effort, with Crocker believing the 22-year-old had "really turned the corner" in recent weeks.

Said Dragicevic: "I'm just trying to concentrate on consistent footy and if selection comes my way, I'd be rapt. I'll just keep doing what I'm doing."