Footy programs on tv | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Footy programs on tv

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Can anyone help me make my own little program guide. I don't have a clue what day and time things are on telly, and the program guide tells me nothing.
Tiger TV?
Club Corner?
Richmond's set times on Footy extra?
If there's a set time for VFL coverage on pay tv?
Any others.

Any help to fill the gaps would be much appreciated. :)

wagstaff

Tiger Cub
Mar 10, 2003
Melbourne
rosy3 said:
Can anyone help me make my own little program guide. I don't have a clue what day and time things are on telly, and the program guide tells me nothing.
Tiger TV?
Club Corner?
Any others.

Has the Richmond show on Ch. 31 been dropped for this year? Didn't find it in the TV guide when I looked for it last week.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
It's moved to the Fox Footy Channel this year Wagstaff, but I've never seen it cos I don't know when it's on.

wagstaff

Tiger Cub
Mar 10, 2003
Melbourne
rosy3 said:
It's moved to the Fox Footy Channel this year Wagstaff, but I've never seen it cos I don't know when it's on.

Another victory for the Tiger supporter who doesn't have Foxtel. ::)

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
Tiger TV?
Club Corner?
Any others.

Rosy,

Tiger TV - is supposed to be on Wednesdays of Fox Footy Ch 15 in the hour between 6-7pm

What is CLub Corner????? Was that the Tigerland Club show that was on Fox last year. If so it is now Tiger TV or TigerTv is now Tigerland. The shows are supposed to be combined

richmond's set time on F/Footy Xtra is 8.00 to 10.00pm Thursdays.

I think the VFL match of the round is on Thursday at 10.00pm after the Tigers.

Wagstaff,

Tiger TV is not on Channel 31 this season. I posted the reasons for this on my last report on the members forum. Basically the Club could not get a sponsor for the program to cover the costs. The show on Foxtel doesn't cost the Club anything. The costs for it come out the TV rights agreement. the Club are hoping to resurrect it for season 2004

Regards
KL

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Thanks KL...Maye Tiger TV and club corner are the same thing?

Club corner used to be a 15 min program that was as dodgy as you could get, which made it funny. It was really just a couple of on location interviews and a few laughs.

I think it was Tivva did it early on, anyway whoever it was was pretty woeful. ;)
Then Dragga took over I think (might have been Rory) and added some class. ;D

Club corner is listed Wednesday between 6.30-7.30. The club corner I've seen before wasn't filmed with a live audience though, which is what I understood to be the format of Tiger TV.

Will check it out tomorrow night and see. I know I posted on an earlier thread about TigerTV but I can't find it to see when it's on and it's not in the program listings.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Ok think I have sorted it out.

'Tigerland' is on Fox footy at 7pm Wednesday nights.
I was speaking to Tony Greenberg about it and he said it's a bit of a cross between last years Club Corner and TigerTV. They do intend changing the name and including the TigerTV logo.

It isn't the live audience format of last year.
Bowser and Dragga are still involved, and apparently it's based a bit on discussion of the previous game and interviews with former players.

Anyway will have to remember to watch tonight and see for myself.

I asked Tony about the ad campaign on telly too. He thinks they have finished and were only intended for the first few weeks to try and get people to the games.

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
rosy3 said:
Ok think I have sorted it out.

'Tigerland' is on Fox footy at 7pm Wednesday nights.
I was speaking to Tony Greenberg about it and he said it's a bit of a cross between last years Club Corner and TigerTV. They do intend changing the name and including the TigerTV logo.

It isn't the live audience format of last year.
Bowser and Dragga are still involved, and apparently it's based a bit on discussion of the previous game and interviews with former players.

Anyway will have to remember to watch tonight and see for myself.

I asked Tony about the ad campaign on telly too. He thinks they have finished and were only intended for the first few weeks to try and get people to the games.

That's what I thought was happening - though, I thought it was already called TigerTV. Obviously it isn't

As for the Ads - :D that :D makes me very :D :D happy if they are finished.

But gee there definitely seems to be a lack of communication going on

tiga

New RFC fitness regime under Wallace
Apr 28, 2003
Blue Mountains NSW
Yes, It appears to now be a Tiger TV/Club corner Combo with plenty of schmaltz on the side. ;D

I'm happy it's now on Fox for very selfish reasons as Living up here in NSW I never got to see Tiger TV.
In NSW so far they have played it in the hour before the Richmond game along with the opposition teams show a la Club corner.
Did anyone see it a couple of weeks ago??
It was very funny seeing campbo stuck in a "slag sandwich" Between Hilts and Dragga.
They asked many in depth questions about Campbo's hairstyles over the years and grilled him about his work ethic at his Pub. Campbo looked really uncomfortable as the two sledging experts went to work! ;D

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Grrrr I forgot to watch again. Hopefully my personal secretary (daughter) will remind me it's on next Wednesday.

shawry

Tiger Legend
Apr 14, 2003
Adelaide, Australia
I stil lwatch it late every Wednesday night, but that Jim's challenge really worries me. Kinda strange and i dont see the point. I am sure the players get a cack out of it though.

Allister Scott interview with Nathan Bower was good though, Scott seems to be a typical country boy. I actually liked him when he did play with us so i found it fascinating.