Frawley calls on Tiger fans | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Frawley calls on Tiger fans

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Barry Levinson
afl.com.au
5:43:12 PM Fri 4 April, 2003

Richmond coach Danny Frawley has stressed the importance of the Tiger army to his team, saying the larger the crowd, the better the performance.

Responding to comments earlier in the week from the club’s director of football, Greg Miller, that supporters needed to stop criticising the Tigers and buy memberships, Frawley said the team relies heavily on its fans.

“Our Richmond supporters are our greatest asset, and more importantly our members,” Frawley said.

“We just want as many as we can get to the game on Sunday. My job is to coach the team, but I know from our point of view and the players’ point of view, we play a helluva lot better when there’s more Richmond supporters there.”

When the Tigers host the Western Bulldogs at Telstra Dome on Sunday, they will have had nine days since their opening round loss to Collingwood.

Speaking before training at Punt Road on Friday afternoon, Frawley said one of the team’s main focuses this week centred on its attitude.

“Our intensity levels were good for a half (last week),” he said. “We let our guard down for 20 minutes last week and it really hurt us on the scoreboard and that was the result in the end. We’ve just got to make sure that we can play with four quarters of intensity.”

Despite the match being played at the Bulldogs’ home venue, the contest at Telstra Dome will be the Tigers first ‘home’ game for the season and Frawley has called on the Tiger army to come out in numbers.

“It’s our first home game and we’re really excited about the fact that we’re playing our first home game,” the coach said.

“We want a lot of Richmond supporters and members there. I know for a fact that when there’s more supporters there we play a helluva lot better.”

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
mightytiges said:
“Our intensity levels were good for a half (last week),” he said. “We let our guard down for 20 minutes last week and it really hurt us on the scoreboard and that was the result in the end. We’ve just got to make sure that we can play with four quarters of intensity.”

Anyone else notice that under Frawley this seems to happen a lot? I for one cannot remember a four quarter effort while he's been coach.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The loss last week was a bit more than letting our guard down for 20 minutes I would have thought.