Frawley sets trade agenda | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Frawley sets trade agenda

TigerMasochist

Walks softly carries a big stick.
Jul 13, 2003
Christ! Talking about a lack of courage from Otto, the guy had major back surgery at the start of the season as well as a shishkebabbed knackersack and people reckon he's been wimping out on the physical stuff.
I seem to recall him backing into a few packs right from his first game back against the kangas.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
The Mole said:
On another point, look at Ottens to develop as a forward and sometime ruckman and us to look for another first ruck. The coaching staff don't rate Ottens at centre bounces against physical ruckmen.

I would rate Ottens as our best ruckman (when fit) by so far its not funny. He's big, strong, good leap, good skills and can take big marks around the ground. If he a little timid in the centre bounces ( something I've never noticed before ) then why not try and work through it with him. Its called player development richmond!

Ottens has all the attributes of a great ruckman and IMHO has played his best games for the club in the ruck and it would be a shame to waste him up forward.

frickenel

Tiger Champion
Jul 30, 2003
Hidden Valley
IMO there's really nothing to work through with Ottens!

As i said in my previous post, the times he's avoided physical contact have been for tactical reasons - not lack of courage.

I'd hope he keeps doing this because it worked well for him and a clean possession out of the ruck is better than a tap which can be sharked by anyone.

Tiger Masochist makes a good point. Otto certainly didn't shirk any issues right from his first game back!

Koalalill

Just looking for someone else to curse!
Dec 17, 2002
The Mole said:
My source tells me that it is unlikely that Hall will be traded. Their view is that he is very hard for opposition teams to match up on and he is always hard at it. Remember he has played fewer than 50 games and only turns 23 next month. His year this year has been ruined with injury.

Certainly last year Hall was considered "untouchable" and not for trade. However, this season I think for the right deal Hall could be good trade bait. I think a deal with Hall and say Bowden could result in a player and 2nd round pick or a top 1st round draft pick.

The Bulldogs and Essendon are 2 teams that come to mind who are desperate for a ruckman/key position player. I think they would be prepared to give up a fair bit.