Freo Game | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Freo Game

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Very stop start. Some terrible umpiring. How Medhurst got that freekick against Zantuck is beyond me. And Holland's mark that wasn't paid and everyone was waiting for the stupid umpire to blow the whistle.

gdbarrett

Some more New-men please.
Jun 18, 2003
Albury
Frustrating game - a lot of fumbling from the tigers. Tiva has three great goals, but cost us one. Bowden cost us two IMO. 1 for being too slow and geeting caught the other for kicking over Richo's head.

If we start being surer with our hands and hitting some target we may be a chance. Forward line is not fuctioning yet. Need Richo to drift forward a bit more.

Go tigers!

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Half-Time

Rich 2.3 5.9-39
Freo 3.5 7.8-50

Sounds like we shot ourselves in the foot that quarter kicking 3.6 ??? Johnno, Cogs and Ty are getting a fair bit of it but so are their midfielders.

How are we playing Julz? Are we trying to grind the game or is the weather affecting the game.

mightytiges

The greatest Tiger of them all - Jack Dyer R.I.P.
Dec 16, 2002
Commentator quote "Mediocrity is spreading" :(

Shocking game listening to radio. Mistakes and poor skills galore.

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
hope u dont mind these updates...

were just 5 points down, start of the last qtr...this has been a very tense game, we've been close all day. :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\ hope we can pull something off in the next 20 mins

smasha

Richmond Forever
May 23, 2003
Bundoora
Another game that got away-argh
Once again the umpires pull some party tricks for the s..tc..kers.
We beat them on aggregate -can't wait for next year-Mcwankus and Troy"you're so vain" Medhurst are gonna cop an absolute tongue lashing from me next year.

Cogs - you are a superstar!!!!!!

diggler

The Tigers Spine
Dec 18, 2002
Watched the game live. Frawleys game plan is like an abortion gone wrong. It destroys a great game and we dragged Freo to our level.
Holland:- as I said before a one dimensional dud. Got to go.
Zantuck:- a nuffa. undisciplined. trade him
Fleming:- another nuffa
Coughlan:- we need a hard in and under captain, not the cream puff who has the job now. Make him captain.
Duncan:- what is the point of playing a hack who isnt allowed to kick.
PS If they played with the attitude they had today, they would of beaten geelong and carlton

johnson2richo2003

"Players stop improving is the day i leave."
Dec 19, 2002
diggler said:
Watched the game live. Frawleys game plan is like an abortion gone wrong. It destroys a great game and we dragged Freo to our level.
Holland:- as I said before a one dimensional dud. Got to go.
Zantuck:- a nuffa. undisciplined. trade him
Fleming:- another nuffa
Coughlan:- we need a hard in and under captain, not the cream puff who has the job now. Make him captain.
Duncan:- what is the point of playing a hack who isnt allowed to kick.
PS If they played with the attitude they had today, they would of beaten geelong and carlton
and of coarse the windy conditions had no play in it ::)your becoming a total bore diggler.
one act of undisiplined play by zantuck and you want to trade him?that statement itself is laughable.

TigerFurious

Smooth
Dec 17, 2002
Trading Zantuck is definately worth considering. He's never going to be a star and we could potentially get a pick under 30 for him. Not a bad result for a player drafted at pick 76 in 99'.

Unfortunately those in charge don't have a history of making bold moves like this and would rather do nothing than make a mistake.

julzqld

Do or do not - there is no try!
Dec 17, 2002
Palm Beach, Queensland
Very frustrating. We got to within 5 points in the last quarter but couldn't give that little bit extra. As I said earlier, some questionable decisions from the umpires. Wind didn't help. Forward line didn't seem to be working too well. Joel Bowden really needs to lift his game. Even Tiva's kick-outs left a bit to be desired. Billy Nichols tried hard but looked lost at times. Pity Zantuck got that 50 against him - I like the way he tries to intimidate the opposition - not scared of anything. Same with Fleming (please take note Joel Bowden).

g0tigers

carn the mighty tiges
Jun 16, 2003
Victoria, Australia
You guys wanna trade Zanners?? after what 10 mins of undisiplined play?? Have you got any brains at all?? I think Zanners is doing great in the back line alongside Andy. To say that he is never gonna be a star...HELLO hes what 21 and only played 50 games, give him some time.
Some of you ppl amaze me...

:mad:

SkiddyMcGhee

Us and Them, Over and Over again
Jan 29, 2003
Sandringham, Melbourne
Nahhhh - You dont trade Zanners for a indiscretion that can be fixed. At least he has the body to show some grunt down on the backline.

The sad fact is that we should have won that game. We only had a few contributors doing a hell of a lot and a lot of contributors doing a lot of nothing.

McGrath got a welcome to the big time and was basically ineffective.

Laff

September showers
Dec 19, 2002
Zantuck is a nuffa ....stops his opponent on occasions but turns the ball over 2 often running out of the backline and his undisciplened play in that last quater was terrible instead of blaming umpires have a look at the replay

cogs_is_sexy24

Tiger Rookie
Jul 12, 2003
Melbourne
nah, dont trade zanners...like gOtigers said, he has only played 50 games, and still young. i think that he still has a lot of developing to do, and if we can give him time he could do really well