Further board nominees | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Further board nominees

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
I received this list of final board nominations in my e-mail and presume it's fairly accurate.

Has anyone heard of any of these blokes?

David Clayton
Jason Verstak
Jim Giannopoulos
Tony Jewell
Stuart Lawrence
Gary March
John Mathies
Peter Welsh
Kent Winzer

DC8

Eat 'em alive
Nov 21, 2003
Peter Welsh, Tony Jewell and Gary March are the three current board members up for re-election.

David Clayton and Jim Giannopoulos made their nominations public sometime ago and have had solid coverage on Rhett Bartlett's site.

As for the others, no idea who they are. Although I believe that John Mathies is very well connected in the top coterie groups and is close to Clinton Casey.

Anyone else got anything on these guys (and they are all guys, I see).

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Sorry DC8, I didn't make myself too clear did I, ha. Of course I've heard of the 5 men you mentioned it's the other 4 I was wondering about myself too.

DC8

Eat 'em alive
Nov 21, 2003
I'll say it again Rosy. John Mathies is very well connected to Clinton Casey. ;)

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
Tigers board battle heats up (HeraldSun)

Tigers board battle heats up
13 January 2004 Herald Sun
Damian Barrett

NINE people will contest three vacancies on the Richmond Football Club board.

Six independent candidates will compete against incumbents Gary March, Tony Jewell and Peter Welsh.

The Richmond AGM is on January 29. Voting for the board positions will be conducted by postal ballot, with the deadline for votes on January 23.

Computer technician David Clayton and business analyst Jim Giannopoulos declared before Christmas their intentions to seek directorships.

Four other candidates -- Stuart Lawrence (managing director of technology component company), John Matthies (lawyer and investor), Jason Verstak (national marketing manager of a real estate firm) and Kent Winzer are also running.

Giannopoulos is to send members a flyer outlining his intention to bring to the club "corporate opportunities" to increase revenue. "The club made a huge loss, but there are opportunities out there if we go about it properly," Giannopoulos said yesterday.

Richmond recently declared it had lost $882,100 in 2003.

CanbTiger

CARN' TIGES!
Oct 6, 2003
Canberra
Interesting to see whether Clayton and Giannopoulos' early campaigning pays off. Can't say I know any of the other blokes