Game Day - Rich V Bris | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game Day - Rich V Bris

Crikeys mate, we are on the 10th game in with a new coach and 14 players unavailable due to injuries. I recon a lot of us have gotten too used to winning. The coach is the least of our problems.
Doesn't matter what Tiger Players take the field, they should all work to a team plan. They should all try at the very least.

We've got none of that from these coaches and players....

Reactions: 1 user
Fair weather supporters unbelievable. Short memories, as if you haven't had enough reflected glory. Half never played a game outside a TV set.
08 I think its more about the effort that is frustrating the supporters on here. It certainly (effort/intent) is pissing me off.

Mcauliffe is getting his hands on it. Looks comfortable at the level. Must play from here on.

Reactions: 6 users
Where are those people that aren’t expecting to win but are looking for the positives. That was a better quarter. Mcauliffe looked good, lefau looks good, ralphsmith did some nice work. Dusty, Prestia, Vlas and Daniel all getting involved.
Negatives the f..n umpires are only seeing one side. Absolutely terrible. Holding the ball, when ball knocked out. Vlas ridden to ground head first, holding the ball. Lefau blocked - unrealistic attempt. I see it, but I just cannot believe it.
Yeah, Mikelti gets done for unrealistic attempt which was correct. Then Cameron does not touch the ball and flies into the back of a Tigers and that is a mark to Brisbane player who did not touch the Tiger. FFS the umpires are 100% bias against us. Different rules for us.:mad:

• Angry
Reactions: 1 users
If this story is true, then everything make sense.
No wonder the experience players have dropped their heads.
Imagine dominating for 4 years, 3 premierships and the the next coach coming in says it means nothing and takes it all off the wall. I been pretty pissed myself.

Pretty sure he didn’t say it meant nothing. Pretty sure he said something like not living in the past but looking forward to the future.

Reactions: 2 users
08 I think its more about the effort that is frustrating the supporters on here. It certainly (effort/intent) is pissing me off.
With this side and a total 25players first and seconds , who would not struggle?

Reactions: 1 users
Doesn't matter what Tiger Players take the field, they should all work to a team plan. They should all try at the very least.

We've got none of that from these coaches and players....
I agree on your point if we’re speaking about some of the players. I think it’s about a year too early at least to hang the coach. We’ve been fairly resilient until last week. I’m not enjoying watching this but ooz has already proven he can coach.

As a playing group, their confidence in the game plan and each other has gone. No senior leadership and injuries is not helping but we need the team to get back to working for each other

Rando halftime thoughts from a QLD sofa.

How did we get here?
The injuries we've had would devastate the morale of any side. But other problems have compounded it. Senior team leaders (Dusty, Bolton) are cherry on top types. Brilliant, but not exactly get hands dirty all the time. Glass half empty says Prestia is injury prone hack in final year. Team trust has fallen away completely, and therefore so have structures. Some are in career worst form (Pickett Short). I can't bring myself to point the finger at any of the kids.
How much is the coaching depts fault? I have no idea but plenty are having their say.
We have come to a crossroads both on and off field much more quickly and much more complex than most of us would've seen a few months ago. It feels like we really need a ruthless hand with a new vision to come in over summer. All I really know is this. Stuff up the 24 draft and we will be rooted for years.

This effort is not good enough - we've still got enough senior players on the park. We may have alot of injuries but it's only really Taranto, Hopper, Baker, Ross and Lynch of note that are missing. The effort is not good enough.

Reactions: 2 users