Game plan exposed | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Game plan exposed

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
What's the deal with our game board from this weeks training being shown in the HeraldSun?

I guess with our results noone would want to copy our training drills anyway, ha.

Main points of our gameplan for Sat.

* Our main ket performance indicator is to take an uncontested mark in the corridor inside 50.

*Outlines "run and carry area" Protect.

*Handball receives on the fly. Give it.

* Geelong are 16th in stopping goals from marks.

It seems pretty sloppy for Danny to leave the white board on public display at training to be photographed.

P

PuntRoadRoar

well it cant be our game plan board, seems like there is tactics on it.

good ploy by danny, make everyone think we wont "bomb it in long"

Rampaging_Richo

Making the easy seem incredible
Dec 19, 2002
Melbourne
PuntRoadRoar said:
well it cant be our game plan board, seems like there is tactics on it.

good ploy by danny, make everyone think we wont "bomb it in long"

Maybe, just maybe Danny and co have decided that to win a game we have to do a little more than stop the opposition scoring.

But this makes me think that they have opted for a change of game plan at Rd 15, and the board illustrates the lengths Danny has to go to educate the players on what is required.

WTF is going on down there ???

BTW did you see the matchup of Bowden and Fiora in the square :D It would be quite funny watching 2 blokes run wide of every single contest, never tackle and generally wimp out of a collision ;D

RFC not KFC

Tiger Superstar
May 2, 2003
Truth is Danny went to the local under 10's training last week and was shocked to find that football teams need a plan and tactics. Being a sly dog he nicked their whiteboard and took it along to training and just added some familiar names. Watch the difference on the field this week now that the team knows what should be happening.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The familiar names added are Fiora, Vardy, McGrath, Schulz, Nicholls.

Looks like new team plan, new team. ;)

Interesting to see Richo at CHF on the board. Maybe he'll get another run up the ground this week. Phew. Then again having him there for training drills could mean he's going to line up at CHB.

Maybe a long lens camera is how The Boss gets all the special scoops. ;D

TigersGoddess

Sing it Loud
Dec 17, 2002
Punt Road Oval
I wouldn't take to much from that seeing the players that are on there. There's no way Danny would bring in Schulz, Vardy, McGrath, Mills, Nicholls, Hilton, Fiora and Blumfield at the same time. Note there's two Fiora's on the board, Aaron's brother must be playing... wonder if he's any good.

The Boss

Tiger Superstar
Apr 7, 2003
The whiteboard shows how the players are to set up for a TRAINING drill, nothing to do with a match day set up or who will be playing this week.

Rosy

Tiger Legend
Mar 27, 2003
The Boss said:
The whiteboard shows how the players are to set up for a TRAINING drill, nothing to do with a match day set up or who will be playing this week.

Was joking about the inclusions as a reply to RFC's previous post. I doubt anyone would have thought it would be the selected team. Would they? ::) Hopefully Geelong will. ;D