Games from long ago | PUNT ROAD END | Richmond Tigers Forum
  • IMPORTANT // Please look after your loved ones, yourself and be kind to others. If you are feeling that the world is too hard to handle there is always help - I implore you not to hesitate in contacting one of these wonderful organisations Lifeline and Beyond Blue ... and I'm sure reaching out to our PRE community we will find a way to help. T.

Games from long ago

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Just watching the game from 1996, round 8, Fitzroy v. Fremantle.

It is good to see those old games. The game was not over umpired, and was amazed at how fast it was.

Mainly long kicks and some bone crushing tackles. It was a shame that the poor, and they were poor financially, Roys has to dband and go to Qld. as the Bears in 1997.

Noticed there 2 umpires and even then they had the 50 metre arc.

Seems there are a few more of that time to come. Hope the Tigers are in one of them.

I was living in Merimbula...Tura Beach...in those years so did not get to see any games live, more the pity.

zippadeee

Tiger Legend
Oct 8, 2004

It is good to see those old games. The game was not over umpired, and was amazed at how fast it was.

Mainly long kicks and some bone crushing tackles. It was a shame that the poor, and they were poor financially, Roys has to dband and go to Qld. as the Bears in 1997.

Seems there are a few more of that time to come. Hope the Tigers are in one of them.

I was living in Merimbula...Tura Beach...in those years so did not get to see any games live, more the pity.

Freo had a decent side.
Better set up then Brisbane lions and Gc
We just got over the line against them. The year after we played finals.

TigerForce

Tiger Legend
Apr 26, 2004

Notice how many 'deliberates' (OOB) weren't even thought of yet? Makes me laugh nowadays....

graystar1

Tiger Legend
Apr 28, 2004
Also just watched the game against Port back whenever.

We were in front right up to the last minute when They kicked a goal to seal it for them.

In those days we were past masters at giving up a score right in the last minute or two of a quarter.

What a star Tredrea was, a fantastic mark to boot...pardon the pun.

Wallace was our coach then.